Sales Manager - Wigan
We are working with a privately owned, North West based fulfilment specialist who support a range of e-commerce businesses both nationally, and internationally.
They are looking to appoint a commercially astute Sales Manager who is adept closing deals and converting them into long term sustainable business. There will also be a strong focus on developing and winning new business to support the continued growth of the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work directly with a business owner and have an impact from day one, bringing with them sector experience, drive and the ambition to work within a growing SME environment.
Benefits of the Sales Manager Opportunity;
- Excellent salary
- Competitive package
- Opportunity to work with and learn from the owner and Managing Director of a successful business
- Progression opportunities
Sales Manager Role;
- To gain an in depth understanding of the current inbound sales process and identify how it can be improved while taking responsibility for the management and closing of incoming enquiries.
- Bring commercial credibility and decision making skills to the sales process along with the ability to hold meaningful and effective conversations with clients.
- Convert a large volume of inbound enquiries ensuring that key opportunities are identified and managed effectively.
- Establish what a good customer looks like to ensure effective management of the incoming enquiries and make commercial decisions that are aligned with the long term vision.
- Improve retention rates by reviewing existing customer base ensuring that they are receiving the correct levels of service and are commercially viable.
- Gain a thorough understanding of what constitutes a desirable client to ensure that relevant new business opportunities are identified and managed effectively.
- To ensure that profitable commercial agreements are put in place with new and existing customers and also extend contract length.
- Establish excellent relationships with clients and ensure the correct on boarding and ongoing account management is delivered at the required level acting as a point of contact should they need to escalate any issues.
- Effective management and allocation of the incoming enquiries received via the website, marketing activity and other lead sources to ensure a smooth, cost effective and tailored solution is created and delivered.
- Attendance at conferences, networking events and exhibitions to promote the business and act as an ambassador for the company.
- Provide leadership, coaching and structure to a small in-house sales team.
- Bring professional techniques to increase market share and maximise existing relationships with current key accounts to capitalise the contract values and length.
Key skills and experience required for this Sales Manager role include;
- Experience of the logistics, e commerce and multi-channel retail sectors is essential.
- Proven experience of selling solutions.
- Exceptional at closing deals and ensuring the commercial viability of the opportunity is assessed.
- Excellent questioning skills and assessment of a client’s requirements as well as the ability to create a tailored solution to meet their immediate and ongoing needs.
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify profitable opportunities aligned to the long term vision of the business.
- Able to demonstrate a consultative and value based selling style as well as effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Work in and have the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with an owner mentality.
- Attend networking events and identify new opportunities in line with the company’s growth strategy.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Pipeline management, forecasting and contract management.
- Demonstrate a high level of analytical ability and the use of existing data to build a strategic plan with a strong commercial focus.
- Able to think logically and clearly to make decisions and use their own judgement having full autonomy to make changes.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organise and prioritise their work.
- An ability to handle pressure and be able to maintain a professional approach at all times, especially should conflict arise.
- Flexible and willing to work appropriate additional hours and when required, in various locations to meet the needs of the business and the customer.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, advanced use of Excel to manage and analyse data and fully competent in the use of IT systems including a sales based CRM.
- High level of professionalism working in a sales role.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with customers both externally and internally.
- Highly organised and able to think logically about a situation and create a solution.
- Adept at reading situations and reacting appropriately.
- Ability to cope with an environment of change.
- Passion to immerse themselves into the business.
- Strong but considered management style.
- A logical and commercially minded approach to problem solving.
"By proceeding with this application, you are consenting to Rowan Recruitment Limited’s collection of your personal information and handling of that information. Rowan will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. If at any time you want your personal information to be deleted, you simply need to notify us".