Team Leader / Senior Support Worker
We are looking for caring, friendly and reliable people to join our team.
You should be available to work shifts on a 2 week rota and this will usually include some evenings and every other weekend.
Our Centre is based in beautiful rural Godstone. The role is to lead a support team and oversee the smooth running of the shift, supporting our students (aged 18 to 25) to develop skills in daily living, directing their support, planning activities, key working and personal care needs. We have wonderful facilities and a vibrant, fun environment to work in and would welcome all potential applicants to come and have an informal chat and visit, if they are interested in applying (prior to submitting an application).
Are you a caring, friendly and reliable person?
Do you enjoy supporting young adults?
Do you have a confident and professional attitude when liaising with family and professionals?
Are you available to work shifts?
Have you worked in a charity before?
If so, we want to hear from you.
- A caring, friendly and reliable individual who is motivated to empower and enable young adults to reach their full potential.
- NVQ/Diploma Level 2 (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working within a care and support environment.
- A passion for working with young people, promoting their independence.
- Experience of supervising staff/leading a team.
- Experience of administering medication.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professionalism, confidentiality and respect for others.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding procedures and Equality & Diversity.
Criminal record check
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. It is therefore subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure Barring Service.
In order to be considered you must be eligible to work in the UK. You will be required to provide evidence of good care practice including a full employment history and satisfactory references.
We are a disability confident employer and we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you are applying under this scheme please highlight this on your application.
No agencies please.