Senior Business Development Manager
Your role as a Senior Business Development Manager is to engage with new and existing professional referral partners (introducers/accountants/solicitors) and business owners daily via F2F, telephone and email. With a clear-cut and thorough approach, you will help our introducers understand funding options and services and how we can support our clients with their funding requirements.
Our client are helping to shape the future of finance.
They offer loans to SMEs and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the last four years they have helped almost 7,000 people lend over £52 million through over 600 loans to small businesses the length and breadth of the country.
And their journey's only just beginning………..
Your role as a Senior Business Development Manager is to engage with new and existing professional referral partners (introducers/accountants/solicitors) and business owners daily via F2F, telephone and email. With a clear-cut and thorough approach, you will help our introducers understand funding options and services and how we can support their clients with their funding requirements.
The role involves a very proactive approach in helping introducers/business owners through the customer journey from initial application to loan auction and funds release/drawdown. This involves a focus on outbound/inbound communications to maximise the applications received from all sources.
Each day you will be building rapport with our referral partners to develop lasting relationships, gathering financial information to support lending applications. You will also liaise with our Credit Team daily to analyse and convert lending opportunities.
- This Senior Business Development Manager role is situated within the SME business area and is at the frontline
- You'll be responsible for new business development within the SME market (income of between £150,000 and £300,000) and the complex demands that this sector requires.
- You will be responsible for providing high-quality service to customers and identifying new sales opportunities.
- Analyse accurately trends, financial data, market information and company status to make informed decisions regarding highly complex credit issues
- Proactively research and contact prospective customers
- Adhere to regulations, legal obligations and data protection rules
- Have exceptional written communication skills
- Achieve stretching targets
- Manage applications from UK businesses - from initial enquiry to acceptance of funds
- Build relationships with a variety of referral partners and business owners via telephone and email and F2F interactions.
- Maximise the volume and quality of applications passed to the Credit Team
- Liaise with the Credit Team daily
- Successfully review and manage deal flow to deliver on targets
- Strategically plan workflow and time management
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date information on our CRM system
Applicants should meet the following criteria:-
- Lead with courageous integrity
- Demonstrate flexible and adaptable approach to competing and changing priorities
- Build new networks of key business introducers
- Have effective time planning and prioritising to ensure that work is actioned promptly, efficiently and within compliance regulations
- Build rapport, trust and effective relationships with customers
- Have outstanding negotiation skills
- Possess an understanding of the importance of treating customers fairly and a track record of going the extra mile to ensure that the broker/customer feels valued
- Have the confidence, patience and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of introducers/business owners and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to think on your feet and communicate effectively, asking clarifying questions in relation to funding solutions
- Have developed excellent communication skills, both on the telephone and in writing
- Alongside natural rapport-building talents, be a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail, able to adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems and build an extensive knowledge of business finance
- Be capable of managing your own time and priorities, using your own initiative
- Always strive to better yourself, focusing on growing a rewarding career within financial services
- Look forward to contributing positively to the team and hitting the ground running
- Be enthusiastic about working in an innovative area of finance
- To be considered you must have a proven track record in banking and more importantly a desire to go out and generate new business. The candidates must demonstrate strong internal/external relationship management abilities, aligned to first-class customer service values and the passion and drive to bring new connections to the company.