HR & Training Administrator
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a HR and Training Administrator to join our busy team at Acorn Park School in Norfolk. Someone who is highly organised and works with accuracy, confidentiality and attention to detail would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is an independent, specialist day and residential school that caters for children and young people aged 6 - 19 years who have communication and learning challenges associated with Autism. The School is part of the Acorn Care and Education who provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the role
The main purpose of this role will be to support the HR team in the provision of a high quality day-to-day HR service for the School. You will provide administrative support for recruitment, staff induction and the employee life cycle, as well as processing payroll.
Employee personal files need to be maintained in an orderly, secure and confidential manner. They must be accurately kept up to date and in line with data protection requirements. Communication and relationship building is key as you will be a first point of contact for queries from within the organisation and externally.
Reporting to the Principal and HR Business partner, you will follow the best practice and together support our school in improving educational outcomes for our pupils.
- Assist with support for all HR related policy, procedure and system enquiries ensuring queries are resolved, sign posted or escalated accordingly to HR Manager
- Assist in offer contracts ensuring all required pre-employment checks are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Build effective working relationships with managers at all levels within the business.
- Support in updating databases for training and recruitment
- Support the recruitment process for the school, supporting hiring managers with the process, completing pre-employment checks and the full offer process
- Assist in ensuring staff files are up to date
- Administrative duties such as filing, photocopying and general administrative duties
- Support with note taking or transcribing documents
- Work alongside the senior leadership team to assist in staff training and development
- Complete payroll information monthly for The Shires including overtime and sick pay, starters and leavers, residential Liaise with the HR Business Partner and Payroll Office in the resolution of any queries.
- Maintain the school’s Single Central Register of employees.
Who we are looking for
- Excellent IT skills including Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to gain credibility and respect from people at all levels and maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
- Adaptability and flexibility - can handle multiple priorities
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult and multiple tasks at any one time and prioritise work to meet demanding timescales.
- Team orientated yet also able to work autonomously
- Full driving licence due to location of the site.
• CIPD Qualified or working towards (level 3 or above)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.