Flexible hours to suit the right candidate
Are you looking to join a small, professional team where you can make an immediate impact? Our client is an accountancy practice located close to Stowmarket just off the A14, specialising in Land and Property. They are growing their team and have an immediate vacancy for a confident and motivated Practice Accountant. This role would suit someone who wants to work flexibly, including part-time hours and/or working from home - hours can be flexible to suit you and consideration would be given to candidates based elsewhere in the UK who can commit to the role remotely.
The practice regularly advises large corporate and legal firms around the UK on complex taxation issues; with core focus on completion of UK company accounts and annual support services to clients based internationally. There's plenty to do, so you'll need to be able to hit the ground running and process at least 10 sets of accounts per month. In addition to basic salary there's the potential for bonus and more holiday if targets are achieved.
You will be responsible for supporting the accounts team in accounts production. This will include:
- Assisting the team to ensure that the best possible service is provided to clients at all times.
- Providing a high quality set of schedules to support the ETB and closing accounts. This will consist mainly of Limited Companies within the Micro Entity thresholds, however many will elect FRS102 framework for commercial reasons.
- Producing high quality working papers, schedules and final ETB. Successful performance in the role is a minimum of 10 ETBs per month.
- On completion of targeted workload there is an opportunity to become involved in any area of the business and extend your learning.
- Full training will be provided on complex financial reporting and taxation issues.
You may be qualified, part-qualified, or qualified by experience. Importantly you will have excellent accountancy skills learnt in the process of producing company accounts competently and to defined timescales in a Practice setting. In addition you will have:
- Exceptional ability to prepare working papers and ETBs for Limited Companies.
- Quick technical accounting and reconciliation skills and ability to build up from incomplete records.
- Exceptional organisational skills to enable you to prioritise work effectively and manage time efficiently.
- The self-motivation to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
- IT skills including intermediate excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Prior experience of, and the ability to work well in a small team.
- A passion for learning.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
To apply please send a CV with a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role. Salary will be based on skills and experience.