Admin & Facilities Executive
Admin & Facilities Executive
We currently have an exciting role for a full time Admin & Facilities Executive working within our Central Admin Team. This role will is responsible reception duties including welcoming callers and visitors to the Explore office in a professional manner, which enhances the company’s image. The Executive is also responsible for the day to day maintenance of the building, for providing organisational and administrative support to other areas of the business and ensuring the customer experience is at the heart of all decisions made.
Explore have been running small group adventure holidays since 1981. We are passionate about what we do and we love to travel. Our experience and knowledge make us one of the most trusted tour operators in the UK. We have over 500 small group trips in 120 countries (including Family Adventures, Cycling & Walking), plus self-guided programmes; so a product range that is second to none in the industry.
Our wide range of activities and experiences, award-winning Tour Leaders, a commitment to responsible travel and a pinch of Explore spirit, keep our customers coming back year after year.
Explore has been a part of the Hotelplan UK group of specialist travel companies since December 2015. We operate as a totally standalone business, but also work closely with our sister companies wherever possible. Other brands within the Hotelplan UK group are Inghams, Esprit, Ski Total, Santa’s Lapland and Inntravel.
As part of this role you would be expected to
- Greeting visitors entering the building. Answering Reception telephone, screen and direct calls. Taking and relaying messages.
- Ensuring the very best service is provided for customers, staff and suppliers at all times.
- Monitoring visitor access and maintaining security awareness.
- Responsible for Health and Safety in the workplace ensuring compliance to regulations including for Fire and First Aid.
- Organising training for fire wardens and first aiders
- Administration of weekly fire alarm tests
- Administering staff car parking, including monitoring usage and ensuring visitor and disabled spaces are booked/used appropriately
- Creation of entry cards for replacements and new starters
- Managing stock control levels including stationery, canteen items, milk & first aid supplies
- Co-ordinating between colleges, work experience students and Managers
- Comprehensive knowledge of the building for liaison with facilities contractors
- First point of contact for ad-hoc building concerns / problems in order to liaise with Maintenance company
- Checking and sending all customer documentation by post
- Monitoring & processing contents of company in boxes
- Providing cover for post room tasks as necessary
- Oversee the 'massage at work process’, including being the point of contact with the massage company, booking dates & times, taking money and ensure the process runs smoothly
- Organising all induction meetings for new starters and jointly present at the Central Admin session
- Organise various company events such as Monthly Update Meeting, Birthday Breakfast etc.
- Assist the Head of HR with scheduling training within the company
- A flexible attitude in the undertaking of all tasks is paramount
- Assist with any Ad-hoc task from the Central Admin Manager and Head of HR
Skills and Experience - Essential
Experience providing reception duties.
Experience in dealing with facilities issues
Calm under pressure
Experience working in a stand-alone role
Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
Experience of providing administrative support
Ability to multi-task through effective planning, prioritising and organising of workload.
Experience of dealing with people face to face and over telephone.
Demonstrate good, grammatically correct, writing skills
Have a focus on accuracy and quality and good attention to detail
Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, install trust and uphold the values of the business.
Skills and Experience - Desirable
Experience of Health and Safety at work statutory and legislative obligations.
GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above.
One thing we pride ourselves on at Explore is looking after our staff, not only do we offer a competitive salary we also offer an extensive range of benefits that include, Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme, Profit Related Annual Bonus, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Staff Discount on Explore holidays, Season Ticket Loans, Cycle to Work Scheme, On-site Massage Therapist, Employee Reward and Perks Scheme - to name a few!