Health & Safety Administrator
A permanent Health & Safety Administrator role based in Wigan for a logistics organisation.
Page Personnel are representing a logistics organisation with a Health & Safety Administrator position based in Wigan.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Reporting to H&S Officer
- Update near miss and accident databases
- Fully support the RIVO audit process
- Support the teams in the development of Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments to the required quality and within the specific timescales set
- Compile and collate all KPI data for weekly, monthly and yearly reporting
- Ensure all documentation complies with the SHE format
- Effectively manage correspondence from all the Enforcing Authorities
- Take and update minutes from Safety, Health and Environment meetings pursuing closure on actions
- Investigate sources of key data and rationalise into one database/system
- Produce data in presentational format to a high standard
- Actively guide and support the STAR programme on site. Presenting the sessions will be done by the H+S Officer, however on occasion you will be required to cover. The administrator will be expected to attend and participate in all H+S related meetings
- Provide essential support to line management to ensure the expedient closure of all Health and Safety activities
- To undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required for the effective role within the office.
Candidates wishing to apply to the role should have:
- Must possess excellent I.T. skills with demonstrable experience in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Needs to be attentive to detail, thorough, tenacious, self motivated and self disciplined
- Communication skills should be excellent in order to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Personal style should be that of coaching and engaging
- A team player yet able to focus and concentrate on own personal tasks
- Be able to demonstrate a keen interest in Health and Safety, preferably with previous experience in this area
- Needs to be open to different working hours, shift start and finish times and in terms of tasks asked to undertake
- This role would be beneficial to someone working towards a Health and Safety qualification or developing a career within Health and Safety
On offer is a competitive salary + opportunities for progression + full time role + parking.