Class Assistant - Sale Study Centre
Based in Sale, Manchester
12 Hours per week
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3.30pm - 6.30pm
and Saturday from 9:30am - 12:30pm
£8.21 per hour
Hundreds of retail discounts, Private Medical Insurance, free Kumon tuition for your children and extensive training opportunities
Do you want to work for the world’s largest supplementary education provider? Are you able to motivate and develop others? Are you proficient in maths and English? Then keep reading!
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Class Assistant to support the centre Instructor in all aspects of the Kumon Maths and English Programmes at the Kumon Sale Study Centre. Class Assistants are an essential part of daily life in Kumon Study Centres. Each of our study centres is reliant upon their support.
Kumon develops every child’s potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 650 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Accurately pull, date, mark and record student's work.
- Instruct early learners and develop the work skills of our newly enrolled students.
- Liaising with and maintaining positive working relationships with parents.
- Perform observations of students and providing concise feedback to the Instructor.
- General administration duties as and when requested by line manager
Key skills and experience required for this role are:
- A passion for education and development of children through individualised study.
- Experience in high level maths
- A strong grasp of written and spoken English.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage administrative tasks effectively.
- Achieved a level B or above (or equivalent) in GCSE Mathematics
- Achieved a level B or above (or equivalent) in GCSE English Language
In return, we will offer you:
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Annual salary reviews
- Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
- Free Kumon tuition for your children
- Hundreds of retail discounts
- A company pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free eye tests
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
The interview process will consist of:
- Initial phone interview with the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid. The assessment day will be based on tests and presentations
- The final stage will be a face-to-face interview
To apply for this role, please provide your CV and a supporting statement letting us know why you are interested in working for Kumon.
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your GCSE (or equivalent) grades in Maths and English.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company. We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party. Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying.