Client Liaison Officer l Complaint Handler
Regulated Complaints Handler l Financial Services
Competitive Salary + Annual Performance Bonus and Exceptional Benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
North Bristol & Gloucestershire / FREE PARKING
My Client is an extremely well established, growing wealth management specialist, with a superb working environment that truly believe their people are the reason for their success. As a Client Liaison Officer / Regulated Complaint Handler you will be required to investigate complaints relating to advice and service given, in compliance with the Regulator’s complaint handling rules, and you will make decisions and recommendations for compensation relating to those complaints.
Main Functions of the Role:
- Conduct investigation into complaints received about advice and service paying attention to the evidence held.
- Liaise with the client, Financial Advisor and third parties on the telephone and in writing to ensure all facts are established.
- Produce a detailed report to include reasons for the decision and recommendations for redress and/or further action where applicable.
- Calculate the redress due where applicable.
- Communicate the complaint decision to the client and Financial Advisor, providing a clear explanation of all conclusions.
- Identify and report any trends or issues relating to the Financial Advisor or advice process.
- Where necessary, negotiate a resolution with the client.
- Manage workload and ensure complaints are finalised within the timescales set by the Regulators.
- Liaise with the Financial Ombudsman Service where applicable.
- Maintain detailed records of the investigation of each complaint.
Experience and skills required
- Previous experience gained in a complaint handling role within financial services.
- Good technical knowledge of life, pension, investment and mortgage products.
- A sound understanding of the financial services sales and advice process.
- Ability to write clear and effective reports and letters tailored to the client.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage own workloads and meet deadlines/targets.
- PC Literate – including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ideally CII Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning or studying towards it
BENEFITS: Non-contributory Pension 10% of base salary rising to 12.5% then 15% following length of service, annual performance bonus, 25 days holiday rising to 30 days, Life cover equivalent to ten times base salary, Critical Illness for individual and immediate family, Medical Insurance BUPA, Additional benefits include; SAYE Share Options, Salary & Pension Contribution payable in the first 12 months of illness, Eye-Tests, Refreshments, FREE Car Parking, Childcare Vouchers, Season Ticket Loans. FULLY STUDY SUPPORT GIVEN TO ACHIEVE DIPLOMA OR CHARTERED STATUS