Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager St Albans
Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager (St Albans)
AJ Chambers are working with a dynamic firm of advisory, tax, audit, accountancy and corporate finance specialists, based in the heart of Hertfordshire, who are looking for an Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager to strengthen their team.
You will work with entrepreneurial and owner-managed businesses as well as the firm’s larger corporate clients carrying out audit and accountancy assignments under the supervision of managers and directors. You will report directly to the audit and accounts managers and will work with all partners and other senior team members.
This role would suit a fully qualified Audit and Accounts Senior with a mid-tier background who has experience in both the preparation of accounts and the auditing of medium-sized companies and groups. Working knowledge of Caseware would be desirable but is not essential.
In addition to completing audit and accounts assignments, the successful candidate could have the opportunity to work with the corporate finance partner on the due diligence aspects transactions such as company valuations, management buy-outs and company acquisitions.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for delivering a technically accurate audit within a commercial framework
- Responsible for preparation of statutory accounts including group accounts
- Supervision and development of skills of more junior team members
Required skills and qualifications for role:
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Able to plan and run audit and accounts assignments, being responsible for these from planning to completion
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to liaise with individuals internally and externally
- Able to support other team members and mentor junior team members
- Project and budget management including regular client communication, accurate budgeting and cost control
- a knowledge of Caseware, Xero, Sage Line 50 and Alphatax for client related work and Practice Engine for the practice administration e.g. timesheets and Virtual Cabinet for document management. Working knowledge of these would be desirable but not essential.
A modern firm with established roots. We are a leading practice, servicing the South East. We provide a vast range of services, including advisory, tax, audit, accounting and corporate finance. We have a large portfolio of clients including business clients from a range of industries and sectors such as hospitality, property, recruitment, technology, manufacturing as well as private clients, charity and not for profit and pensions.
We have been an influencing factor in the success of many of our clients’ businesses for over 35 years, and we believe this is as a result of three factors:
Our team- We are enthusiastic, committed and take pride in providing an exceptional service.
Our values- These have always been fundamental to us, and have not changed since we opened our doors, we always endeavour to:
• offer an exceptional service
• take a personal and hands on approach
• go over and beyond what is expected
• get to know each client and are happy to invest time and effort to achieve this.
Our vision- To work with our clients to fulfil their true potential. We have always gone beyond what is expected and to succeed in business this is a necessity. We do not wish to wait for our clients to come to us, we are always proactively looking for opportunities and ways to help them increase their profitability. We pride ourselves on supporting our clients with commercial outlook as well as a technically strong approach to our work.
If you feel that you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Danny Brown at AJ Chambers.