Senior Registered Nurse
Senior Registered Nurse
- Dorset and Hampshire
- £41,000 - £ 43,000
- Days and Nights shifts Available
- Hours offered as 36 or 42 hours per week, including alternate weekends
- You will be a qualified Registered Nurse / Staff Nurse ( RGN / RMN ) with a current NMC PIN registration, ideally working in a senior capacity.
- Bringing your experience and passion for elderly nursing to this role.
- Sharing their goal of delivering excellence in person-centred nursing care, you will be confident to work to high standards in line with the expectations of the Care Quality Commission, providing a kind, caring and friendly service.
- They are small enough to get to know you and care about your individual needs, yet large enough to offer excellent onward career opportunities and they regularly promote from within.
About the role
- As the Senior Nurse, your role will be key in leading the nursing and care teams within the home supported by the Clinical Lead.
- You’ll ensure that effective, individualised nursing care is delivered by the nursing and care teams, maintaining the highest standards and providing our residents with independence and choice.
- You’ll engage in the development of Nurses and Health Care Assistants, improving the skills and confidence of the team to ensure objectives are achieved to meet both company standards and those of our regulators.
- As a Senior Nurse with impressive clinical skills you will need to demonstrate strong clinical capability within the nursing team, taking responsibility for a variety of complex clinical conditions and decisions.
- You will promote best practice in matters of wound management, nutrition, tissue viability, catheterisation, venepuncture, peg feeds, syringe drivers, end of life care and other acute clinical interventions.
- Other duties will include carrying out clinical audits, assessing and updating individual care plans and covering the role of Clinical Lead for the home in their absence.
About our benefits
- Competitive rates of pay plus excellent enhancements for nights and weekends
- Reimbursement of annual professional NMC registration subscription
- Support with studies and diploma qualifications relevant to job role
- Excellent induction, training and 'on the job’ support
- Provision of fantastic homely environments
- Friendly teams and great support networks of internal professionals
- Real career progression opportunities
- Staff recommendation scheme - refer a friend
- Annual pay review
- Paid breaks
- Additional hours / overtime opportunities
- Hot meals on duty, choose from the daily menu
- Free uniforms provided
- Contributory pension scheme
- Background checks at no cost to you
- Nursing Times on line subscription paid to support on-going professional learning support with revalidation