Senior Financial Modeller
As part of the Group Finance function, the Senior Financial Modeller will report into the Head of Finance and form a pivotal part of the finance leadership team. The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic/commercial financial plans and providing analysis to support business decisions.
Our client, based in Gloucestershire, is a growing and innovative energy business with very current products and services. They have recently restructured and brought new talent into the business to support future growth. The position of Senior Financial Modeller will play a key role in the business strategy going forward.
This exciting role will work closely with Group Finance and the wider business to transform Finance into a strategic business partner:
- Develop and maintain strategic and commercial finance models to support decision making.Create business cases to support investment decisions, including key appraisal metrics including IRR, ROI and other key decision making KPI's.
- Ensure that business performance for the Group is measured, analysed, explained and understood through the delivery of KPIs as appropriate.
- Understand results and trends across the Group, providing analysis that allows executive leadership teams to deliver on their operational responsibilities and take actions to drive improved performance.
- Develop an understanding of the profitability of the differing streams of business to drive the strategy by collating and analysing MI across divisions.
- Develop strategic and executive level reporting for P&L, cash and balance sheet positioning.
- Ensure the identification and communication of specific competitive / market issues to help drive and prompt mitigating, pre-emptive actions.
- Supporting in improvements of financial Systems, BI tools & data analytical projects to support development of a Lean business model.
- Identify potential areas of development in the current processes and work streams, working with relevant departments to provide timely solutions
Essential Skills & Expertise
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Willingness to challenge existing practices bringing forward solutions to improve performance
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office suite, in particular Excel modelling tools
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to challenge
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong working ethics and be dynamic and enthusiastic to drive the Group's performance
Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focused, solutions provider
- Inquisitive, innovative and intellectually courageous
- Exceptional self-motivation, energy and drive
- Team player
- 'Can Do' attitude with gravitas to push change through the business
- Ability to cope with rapid changes in work schedules and manage workload