Are you looking for something different? Do you want to feel like you’re making a difference? Do you want to be rewarded for your hard work? Do you like meeting new people every day?
SELF EMPLOYED ROLE
We are looking for people with a professional and ethical attitude who wish to join a new team based in the East Midlands.
Reporting to the management team, you will be working in small teams to deliver an excellent experience to potential supporters on the door acting professionally at all times resulting in quality long term supporters to our charities.
We are looking for people with a can do attitude as this isn't a normal "Sales" role, we are not looking to 'close’ people we are simply seeking to educate them about the work of the charity and ask them for their support by giving a small regular gift.
You will be talking to members of the public at their door and will need to conduct yourself in a professional manner, many of our potential supporters will be interested in helping as they have a connection to the charity so genuine empathy and desire to secure donors for the charity is a must.
We recognise without our fundraisers we do not have a business. We treat our fundraisers with the respect they deserve and welcome them as an individual not just a number.
As you can appreciate the role will require someone with the physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
We are looking for compassionate, friendly outgoing fundraisers with the ability to convince the public to support our charities in a non-pressurised way. Experience is not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to and canvass defined areas allocated by CPUK, raising funds and awareness
- Complete applications via PDA or Paper Forms accurately
- Complete our door contact log accurately to avoid repeat contacts
- Ensure only that authorised postcodes are worked as directed by management
- Represent your assigned charity appropriately, ensuring knowledge of facts and figures - knowledge is key in keeping the public engaged and gaining their support. Knowledge must be kept up to date by checking on the CPUK portal for training and updates
- Complete training as set out by training team and attend office based training as and when required
- Ensure you have enough stock to provide literature to supporters and members of the public as required by Concept and/or our charities
- You are Self-employed and are responsible to declare to HMRC money earned
- You are responsible for your own travel costs
- A very small rental is in place for Equipment, Charity Kit and Uniform loaned to you
What are the Hours?
We don’t tell you when to work, you are self-employed after all, Ideally however we are looking for a commitment of 35 hours per week whilst training or working in a wider team - on away trips for example. We offer fully flexible working around your commitments.
Full Time recommended hours to obtain 4 signups are Monday - Friday Winter 12pm-7pm / Summer 1pm-8pm
Part Time recommended hours are, 3 days 12pm - 7pm / Summer 1pm-8pm or 5 days 4pm-8pm