Context and Purpose of Job.
- To participate in the delivery of a service to rehabilitate or maintain vulnerable
- people living in the community and respective environments.
- To assist Users to reach their potential by helping/ enabling/ supporting them to maintain life skills and to enjoy an ordinary life within the Community .
- To promote the values of respect for individual User's rights and needs.
- To carry out administrative functions, to ensure that all records and files are maintained and held securely, and that confidentiality of the information is upheld.
Personal Care - including getting up, going to bed, dressing, undressing, personal hygiene, using the toilet, managing continence, eating, drinking, helping with medication.
Domestic Support - general cleaning, washing up, laundry, ironing, food preparation, shopping, paying bills.
Social Support - conversation, reading, letter writing, phone calls, encouragement, confidence building, listening, escorting, authorised socialising.
Emergency Situations - contact GP, if needing medical attention, alerting emergency services, support if necessary .
Monitoring - reporting of changes in service users circumstances, reporting of changes in the service users condition, reporting following an emergency situation.
It is the responsibility of the care worker to carry out these tasks in accordance with the Home Care Procedures File.