Patient Administration Lead
BMI Beaumont Hospital in Bolton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Patient Administration Lead to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Team Leader / Supervisory experience
- Patient/customer facing experience
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Knowledge and experience of process management
- Financial awareness, including business planning and budgeting
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of MS office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Be confident and competent in the use of all relevant IT platforms.
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to present solutions to problems raised
- Must be flexible in working hours to provide cover as necessary between 06:30 to 20:30.
Duties of this role include:
- To support the Patient Administration Manager / Operations Manager to manage the hospital administration services in accordance with the standards required to achieve the Hospital’s objectives.
- To contribute to the strategic, operational and business development of the hospital.
- To be responsible for training, implementation and compliance to process monitoring for the end to end processes of all patients.
- Engaging with BMI subject matter experts such as Clinical Coding Team, Business Relationship Managers and Billing teams to gain greater understanding of the potential growth points for the hospital.
- Day to day leadership of administration staff ensuring the provision of high quality and efficient services at all times
- Liaise with and influence hospital administration teams, medical secretaries and consultants to ensure accurate data capture and ensure all relevant parties comply.
- Liaise with hospital Heads of department teams, Business Relation Managers and Regional billing services managers to ensure timely and accurate cascade of information relating to process changes, route cause analysis findings and compliance reviews, discuss and resolve any process/system issues and share/implement best practice.
- Continuously evaluate business process to enhance and promote best practice and standardisation and improve the patient journey.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.