Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants to provide excellent care to our service users in Wakefield and surrounding areas.
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around your schedule. We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, providing security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage their work-life balance.
Further still, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®What to expect
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as independently as possible.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
As a Senior Carer, you will work in a similar way as a Care Assistant (HCA) but will be required to hold a NVQ3 or equivalent in health and social care, alongside a medication certificate. You'll also need to have team leader skills and experiences, should you be required to lead a team of carers within an establishment setting.Skills & Opportunities
The successful candidate will have the chance to improve their skill set with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.What will you benefit from?
- Salary varies from up to £14.09/hr for Senior Carers and up to £12.23/hr for Care Assistants, including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your Local Team
Your local branch is located at 14 Kings Street, Leeds, LS1 2HL. We operate in various locations around the city and the surrounding local towns. For any queries regarding the role do not hesitate to contact the team.Apply today and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.