Commercial Property Solicitor
Our client, one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, are seeking an experienced Commercial Property Solicitor, around 0-3PQE, to join their award-winning Property team handling a range of real estate matters.
- Handle a caseload including all aspects of commercial property management work including licence to assign, licences to underlet, licences for alterations, drafting and negotiating leases, sales and purchases, drafting of reports on title, reports on lease, lease precis etc;
- Providing assistance in student/hotel development set up work, liaison with opposite numbers at preferred plot buyers solicitors and with the plot sales team;
- Draft and complete standard and complex SDLT and Land Registration forms; Buying or selling a single asset or a large portfolio of mixed assets, structuring the transaction and provide realistic and practical solutions through to completion;
- Provide support to colleagues within the wider remit of commercial property matters as appropriate for example property finance work;
- Represent clients in meetings and negotiating with third parties as appropriate;
- Prepare materials for and participate in client seminars and presentations, identifying opportunities for client training activities as appropriate;
- Research points of evidence/law/procedure/precedents.
You will need:
- To be a Commercial Property Solicitor with between 0 and 3 year PQE with proven experience of real estate work;
- A team player, capable of supporting colleagues at all levels in a variety of different ways and with different tasks;
- Target driven with the ability to achieve demanding fee-earning targets and effectively managing WIP;
- Some business development experience and an interest in developing skills and abilities in this area;
- Strong commitment to client care, with proven experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients, contacts etc;
- Well organised and methodical approach to work, used to digital dictation and competent with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high professional and personal standards;
- An ability to work in a demanding environment, adhering to strict deadlines;
- Experience of working within a team environment and of supporting others.
Competitive benefits package including 25 days holidays + bank holidays, contributory pension, travel assistance scheme, healthcare, life assurance and bonus scheme.