Senior Theatre Practitioner
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpingtonis part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Post-registration qualification relevant to functional specialty i.e. Advanced Scrub Practitioner or Surgical First Assistant qualification [for scrub leads].
- Expert Scrub nurse with the Mentorship and have 2 years post qualification scrub experience in a range of surgical specialties carried out here: Ophthalmics, Gynae, ENT, General, Urology, and Ortho.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course.
- Preferred candidate will be a 1st Surgical Assistant and have the Mentorship
- Approved / recognised anaesthetic course.
- Mentorship qualification
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent. Functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care. To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care within the operating department. Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offer a salary of up to £33,000pa for this vacancy alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.