Location: Newport (NP10)
Salary: competitive depending on experience + 3% Flexible Benefits package
Are you currently in an admin, customer service or finance related role but want to learn a new trade?
Or are you an experienced Payroller looking for a new challenge?
On offer is the chance to work with SSCLs Police client, delivering National and local Payroll.
We offer full on the job training with fantastic career progression!
• Responsible for dealing effectively with queries from customers both internal and external, both by telephone or email, at all times conveying a professional and efficient attitude and pass any contentious calls to the Payroll Manager abiding by SSCL/Client policies and procedures
• Responsible for ensuring that all National or Local payroll changes are dealt with in accordance with requirements, and that all customers are able to understand the changes that affect their pay
• Responsible for ensuring that all documentation relating to statutory legislation and Terms & Conditions of service is kept up to date and is easily accessible to the rest of the team
• Verify written responses to queries from staff, Clients and external agencies
• Validation of other payroll officer’s temporary and permanent alterations to staff records. Ensure and validate that appropriate checking mechanisms are in place for other members of the team.
• Ensure that all manual under/overpayments are valid and correctly calculated and payments raised (if appropriate) on a timely basis
• Responsible for the completion of all basic payroll output for allocated payrolls and some higher level activities under the direction of the Payroll or Service Manager.
• May be asked to undertake reconciliation of General Ledger postings, raising payment requests for Third Parties, reconciliation of HMRC submissions for compliance reasons and raising of journal requests as a specific role.
• May be asked to become a specialist in a particular area such as reporting, salary sacrifice, attachment of earnings etc. from time to time as required by the business, based on existing skills or where training has been provided.
Essential Skills Experience and Knowledge
• 5 GCSE’s level A-C in English and Math’s or Equivalent
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• The ability work in a team and build relationships with co-workers
• A background in investigating and resolving complex pay queries
• Sound understanding of PAYE, National Insurance
• Attention to detail
• The ability to work flexibly, able to respond to increased pressure of work
• A high level knowledge of data-input completion
• Ability to prioritize work load
• Experience of accurate data entry and validation of financial information
Desirable Skills Experience and Knowledge
• NVQ 3 Qualification or equivalent level of experience in Payroll.
• Ability to understand, interpret, implement and communicate several complex terms and conditions of service within one organization
• Has an awareness of the law relating to payroll (i.e. employment rights and data protection)
• Experience of processing transactions on multi customer payrolls
• The ability to Calculate Statutory and Non statutory deductions accurately and in accordance with the legal and organizational requirements
Previous experience of seeking and suggesting continual process improvements, when identified through daily processing
You will be required to pass a NPPV police check.
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.