Senior Policy Advisor-Domestic Economic Policy and Delivery
6 days left
POLICY AND DELIVERY COORDINATION DIRECTORATE
The Policy and Delivery Coordination Directorate (PDC) leads DExEU’s work to coordinate the domestic policy implications of exit, across government departments, to seize the opportunities and ensure a smooth process of exit. We work with a wide range of stakeholders across DExEU and Whitehall departments
Our core responsibilities are to:
· Scrutinise policy and delivery planning to ensure that departments’ plans across Whitehall are robust and dependencies between plans and negotiations are identified and resolved.
· Support, monitor and catalyse implementation to ensure the government understands whether their plans are on track and propose solutions to resolve critical issues.
· Develop policy positions on cross-government policy priorities to resolve government wide issues.
SENIOR POLICY ADVISER [BAND A / GRADE 7] – ECONOMY TEAM [BUSINESS]
The Economy Team has a vacancy for a Senior Policy Adviser to work on policy and delivery coordination in the domestic economic portfolio. The candidate is likely to work most closely on the business, energy and industrial strategy (BEIS) portfolio. The roles involve close and collaborative working including with BEIS, reporting to Deputy Team Leaders in the Economy Team.
The work is in line with PDC’s core responsibilities above, but with a particular focus on how we can ensure as smooth as possible an Exit in the domestic economic policy portfolio, and maximize the economic policy opportunities of EU Exit.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on economic policy and delivery at the heart of government, giving you a real insight into how government operates and the chance to make a really positive difference to people’s lives. We work in close collaboration, in addition to the Departments above, with the Cabinet Office and No 10.
Specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Supporting BEIS to plan and deliver their EU exit related work streams across areas such as market frameworks, goods policy, services, energy markets, civil nuclear regulation and climate change.
· Contributing to the overall management of the team by ensuring objectives are clear, policy and delivery work well scoped and delivered, and that strategic questions of importance for EU Exit are spotted, scoped and answered;
· Steering the work of the branches, ensuring that monitoring and reporting functions are working smoothly, and key relationships kept strong;
· Undertaking, and overseeing the team’s undertaking of significant policy, delivery and analysis reviews of key economic policy issues in the DIT, funding and energy portfolios respectively;
· Short term problem solving with policy teams on urgent issues or having responsibility for and being 'the expert' on a specific policy area;
· Leading cross cutting strategic work streams, coordinating input from across DExEU and Whitehall;
· Representing the views of DExEU Ministers and SCS at cross-government and external meetings;
· Writing briefings for senior officials, Ministers and the Prime Minister ahead of key meetings with Cabinet colleagues and stakeholders;
· Briefing Ministers in person; and
· Management of 2 x Band B2.
PDC is a high tempo, high performing environment – the work is intellectually challenging but rewarding, at the heart of the debate about the future of the UK. The directorate’s senior leadership team is committed to the coaching, learning and development of all staff, and in return we ask for your commitment to seeing the job through.
Candidates will be expected to handle complexity and ambiguity. They will be expected to demonstrate the ability to deliver results quickly. They should be great team players and be willing to support others and work across matrix structures.
We are a flexible and disability confident employer