4 days left
About the role
Being a policy lead offers the opportunity to directly support DExEU’s ever evolving agenda and top priorities. You will be involved in delivery of a range of important, consequential and historic policies using your strong sense of public service to achieve success.
Policy Leads in DExEU are comfortable dealing with complexity, able to work at pace and are resilient. They analyse and make best use of complex information, within the political and democratic context, using it to design, plan and deliver government policy. You’ll be able to do this through collaborating with others and engaging with stakeholders at the most senior levels, including Ministers.
You will play a supporting role in delivering policies of significance in the context of our exit from the EU. You can expect to be involved in issues that are a priority for the UK government and of wider national interest.
Please see attached candidate pack for further information on DExEU's Policy Teams.
If successful in this role, you will:
• Be able to settle into new teams, forming good work relationships and working effectively without understanding all the details;
• Be a strong, solution-focused analytical thinker with a lens on the big picture impact of our work and how it impacts others;
• Have strong report writing skills being able to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders; and
• Be highly organised, with the ability to work on, manage and plan multiple projects within tight timelines and with minimal supervision.
In some of our roles you also need to be comfortable with frequent change - both moving between projects and as priorities change during projects.
Essential skills for this role include:
• Analysis - you will be comfortable working with complex, not always complete, information
• Written and oral communication - you’ll be able to use your language to speak to different audiences
• Team player - you will be a natural collaborator, building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from day one.
Whilst not required, we would expect successful candidates to have professional experience in one or more of the following contexts/subject areas: EU regulations; management consultancy; and working in, or with, national or local government.
We are a flexible and disability confident employer.