Strategic Communications Lead
STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS LEAD
We are recruiting a Strategic Communications Lead to:
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic campaigns and communication programmes.
- Guide and oversee the translation of policy into clear, coherent messaging and plans.
- Provide first class communications advice to teams across Whitehall on a reactive and proactive basis.
- Oversee the production of creative content for a variety of external audiences.
- Coordinate communications activity across Government.
- Line manage up to two communication officers
This is an exciting opportunity to take on one of the most important communications topics in Government. You will take on stretching projects whilst being supported by a collegiate, inclusive and high-performing team. Your work will straddle multiple EU Exit priorities and will have a high level of visibility. You will need to be comfortable with an unusual degree of ambiguity and with a high level of change.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working across more than one communications discipline (Strat Comms/Campaigns, Marketing, Digital, Stakeholder Engagement, Press or other).
- Have a strong command of best practice campaign planning (e.g. the Government Communication Service ‘OASIS’ model)
- Understand how communications and engagement can support policy and negotiations.
- Possess strong drafting skills which can be applied to a wide variety of internal products - e.g. strategies, briefings and board papers.
- Have experience leading project teams.
In addition, we expect applicants for the role to:
- Manage competing and changing priorities, whilst demonstrating flexibility in approach.
- Take a long term view where possible and horizon-scan for upcoming priorities and opportunities
- Be able to turn complex policy concepts into clear, compelling communications products and strategies at pace.
- Be comfortable working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Play an active leadership role and contribute to corporate priorities, supporting the wellbeing and performance of the wider team.
We are a flexibility and disability confident employer