Head of Learning and Development
The Corporate Centre sits at the heart of DExEU and provides the operational support for the rest of the Department covering Security, IT, Estates, Corporate Strategy, Finance and HR.
The small HR Team is split across two Deputy Director portfolios - one being Expert Services and the second being Organisational Design, Capability and Business Partnering. The team works closely with the wider Corporate Centre and the rest of the Department to enable the departmental objectives through our professional support and challenge.
Head of Learning and Development
The Head of Learning & Development will be responsible for ensuring that the L&D offer, for all staff, meets both business and personal development needs. This will, to a large extent, be achieved through maintaining the momentum of the learning and development aspects of the “DExEU Difference” - our unique employee value proposition to ensure our people continue to be inspired by the environment and culture we are working in and are able to develop their careers to meet their full potential.
A key part of this is delivering the 'DExEU Academy' - using new creative ideas to develop the learning and development curriculum through bringing together the Civil Service Learning (CSL) offer, internal work and other sources for one streamlined offer for staff.
The role will be fundamental in assessing the current and future organisational capability needs and developing plans to implement and deliver these requirements. The Department is mostly made up of policy professionals but also has analytical and other professional skills requirements as well. The role will continue to build EU capability across the Department, ensuring the skills are in place for working with EU member states in the changing context.
The role provides an exciting opportunity to influence and develop initiatives from scratch in a department which values innovation and creativity. One such opportunity will be the senior executive development programme we are scoping to further our leadership offer to staff.
Activities will include, but are not limited to:
- reviewing and refreshing the L&D Strategy to ensure continued alignment with the DExEU Difference offer and narrative to ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose in a fast-paced environment;
- developing an understanding of the capability gaps across the department and sourcing learning interventions to meet them;
- keep up to date with external trends and best practice in all areas of learning;
- raising awareness of the types of learning methods available and identifying various sources;
- working closely with Heads of Profession both within DExEU and the wider Civil Service to build the right professional capability;
- working closely with the L&D Champion network (made up of staff across the department) to seek input, feedback and manage staff engagement;
- raising awareness of the governance process for learning and development, management of the L&D budget and working with finance colleagues to ensure the budget decisions are agreed and affordable;
- line management responsibility.
The role will work closely with the expert service areas of HR and the HR business partners.
It would help for the successful applicant to have government or public sector learning and development experience, alongside your inspirational leadership, strategic acumen and tried and tested ability to deliver. Your resilience will also be key, no matter how complex the challenge. You will ensure that big picture is always in focus, and the small details always accounted for.
This is a broad role which, will need an individual who can influence and form early and trusted relationships with a range of colleagues, stakeholders and senior business leads in order to achieve success. The successful applicant will be expected to confidently engage with suppliers and customers and significant contract and budget management will be required. The role requires commercial understanding and the ability to extract the best value HR service from providers, acting as an intelligent customer to challenge and influence service provision.
We are a flexible and disability confident employer