Finance Business Partner-3 Roles - 2 Year Opportunity to work flexibly
The Corporate Centre sits at the heart of DExEU and provides the operational support for the rest of the Department, covering Security, IT, Estates, Corporate Strategy, Finance and HR.
The Finance team sits within the Corporate Centre and provides the full range of finance services for the Department. The team is responsible for delivery of a number of activities including management of the Department’s Estimates and Budgets, Annual Report and Accounts, Finance Business Partners, Systems and Process Improvement and Management Information
Role 1: Financial Business Partner
DEXEU is a short term department, this combined with the way we have come in to existence means we do not have as much automation as other more established organisations. Therefore we require people with can do attitude who are happy to do what it takes to support the business and their team. Hence we require Finance Business Partners that are confident with their technical ability and accepting of some manual process. Whilst we have systems solutions and expect more to be in place this year, our preference is that applicant is comfortable in a changing environment with competing priorities.
The key responsibilities are noted below:
- Monthly management and financial accounting as well as year-end Financial and Management accounting
- Prepare monthly management reports and commentary.
- Annual Audit reviews with NAO of the management accounts
- Budgeting and Forecasting using excel and Hyperion.
- Engagement of the allocated Business areas to understand business activity and provide expert advice to support business needs.
- Qualified accountant
- strong stakeholder management skills
- good communication skills,
- team player that is happy to jump in and help in a challenging working environment
- Excellent analytical skills and personal credibility to present complex financial issues to senior managers
- The ability to build strong stakeholder relationships based on respect, trust and openness.
- A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills
We are a flexible and disability confident employer