Financial Reporting Manager
We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand. We are committed to serving our customers well to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
This role is part of the Aviva Finance Operations (AFO) team: a highly effective and agile team managing resources and providing excellent services to the rest of Aviva’s Finance function. This team, under the leadership of our Global Process Owners, will be responsible for our core finance operational and reporting processes.
This is hugely dynamic role, and while you'll need to be comfortable with dealing with a broad spectrum of responsibilities and tasks, it will provide you with a diverse range of development opportunities and a strong position to progress their career within Aviva.
What will the role involve?
- Production of numbers for Aviva Group Centre (AGC) entities for all reporting cycles including monthly, quarterly and forecast cycles.
- Produce appropriate commentary and analytical review to support reporting deliverables.
- Responsibility for delivering relevant statutory accounts, and management accounts, for AGC entities.
- Including organisation & management of offshore resource, and management of all internal & external partners.
- Support the continuous improvements to legal entity structure, process and controls which deliver efficiency gains.
- Support the AGC Senior Finance Manager (SFM) in responsibility for owning relationships with stakeholders and customers in connection with all AGC companies.
- Support the AGC SFM on the active management of the SLA’s with the offshore team, and a continuous improvement process, establish process excellence & efficiency in delivering operational outputs.
- Be key point of contact and act as source of expertise in the AGC Finance team for allocated areas of responsibilities covering both reporting content and process.
- Work collaboratively with reporting team members, wider finance team and those outside finance.
- Work collaboratively with customers to agree deliverables, design reports, timetables, etc.
- Preparation of IFRS reporting and accounting technical papers.
- Actively contribute to building an appropriate team culture within reporting production and wider reporting.
- Delivery of all relevant financial reporting to Group for the AGC companies including regulatory reporting, MI and statutory reporting.
- Responsible for collaborating with the AGC Business Partnering team to deliver the AGC plan and regular forecasts of the AGC cost base.
- Provide support to business transactions including M&A, capital transactions and internal restructuring projects working closely with wider AGC teams including Tax, Capital, Legal and M&A.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable post-qualified experience of IFRS.
- Comfortable with delivering within a change environment and able to strike a balance between technical and operational aspects of the role.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to deal and be credible with senior management both within and outside team.
- Ability to understand and interpret large amounts of data and narrative, and summarise it into succinct, meaningful and insightful commentary.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Magnitude, coupled with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
What will you get for this role?
- A salary between £40,000-£50,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications;
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme;
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review;
- 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days;
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply);
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010), whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.