Medical Receptionist / Administrator
Medical Receptionist / Administrator
Located in one of London's most iconic addresses, the Harley Street Medical Centre offers exceptional outpatient, diagnostic, and treatment services in the areas of Cardiology, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT), Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, and Podiatry. Our world-renowned, multi-disciplinary consultant and clinical teams combined with our state-of-the-art medical technology enable us to deliver the best possible care to our patients.
We take patient experience and satisfaction seriously and are the first medical facility in London to offer a flatbed Open MRI Scanner to help patients suffering from anxiety or claustrophobia. Our referring clinicians and patients are at the centre of everything we do. We provide services that are personal and tailored to each individual. Our clients trust us to look after their needs and deliver services and care in a way that our clients expect.
Position: Front of House Administrator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Flexible - Clinic opening hours Monday -Friday 08:00-20:00
FOH shift pattern: Morning shift 07:30-16:00 / Late shift 11:30-20:00
Possibility of Saturdays in the future as we are thinking of expanding our business.
Trainings on Sat-Sun possible occasionally (no more than few times per year).
Salary: £20-24K per annum depending on experience
About the role:
You will provide full administrative support for the outpatient’s clinics, consultants and visitors in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Provide a highly efficient, easily accessible Front of House service for the centre and our customers.
- Proactively work to deliver the daily, weekly & monthly patient activity targets set by the business.
- Liaise with in-house consultants and their medical secretaries with regard to clinic diary management and patient attendance list for consultations.
- Ensure clean, safe and welcoming environment for consultants, patients and other customers.
- Working with the Facilities and Maintenance Manager ensure all policies and procedures in relation to the daily physical security of the facility are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate all post & courier services requirements within the business.
- Ensure the accurate and timely input of administrative data within the company’s business administration systems to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services.
- Proactively manage the patient’s administrative pathway in the delivery of clinical services.
- Receive and impart accurate information at all times.
- Inform and advise senior staff of all matters affecting service delivery (in accordance with policy and established procedures) and patient care.
- Liaise where appropriate with consultants and their medical secretaries, patients, third parties and the general public regarding all aspects of business administration
- Good standard of literacy and Numeracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of using computerized records systems and dealing with telephone enquiries.
- To have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act is desired
- Switchboard or Sales experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience of working in a health care environment or a multi profession environment would be advantageous
- Experience in handling complaints
You may have experience of the following: Medical Receptionist, Medical Administrator, Healthcare Receptionist, Healthcare Administrator, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Customer Service, Administration Assistant, Administration, Customer Service Administrator, Data Entry, Customer Services etc.