Policy and Project Officer- 2 Year Flexible Working Opportunity
Governance and Rights Team
DExEU is offering an exciting opportunity for a Policy and Project Officer to work in their Governance and Rights Team. This team has played a key role in the negotiations with the EU to date and will continue to do so as we embark upon the next phase of these to secure our future relationship. Our focus is on how the future relationship between the UK and the EU is governed, for example what the UK’s relationships with the EU institutions will be as a third country or what new mechanisms will need to be created to ensure this relationship is as stable and secure as possible. We are also looking to ensure that whatever we agree with the EU is deliverable and will work effectively within the UK, including for Government, Parliament the devolved administrations, businesses and citizens.
Policy and Project Officer
The successful candidate will be in the centre of a busy team at the heart of future negotiations with the EU. They will develop a broad range of skills here that will provide a good foundation for a career in the Civil Service. We are looking for someone who can provide project and policy support to the team so the role will provide a good balance between being involved in policy development as well as helping to ensure the team functions as effectively as possible.
There is a strong support network available through the Line Manager, G&R Team members and other staff across the Legislation and Constitution Directorate. The team is committed to the rounded development of its staff, and this job offers an excellent environment for learning and development, working with a dynamic team.
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to, the following activities;
- Supporting the team in policy development by conducting research of relevant precedents and presenting in a clear and useable way.
- Overseeing the team’s Programme and Project Management documents including the negotiations Project Plan ensuring this is kept up to date and remains deliverable.
- Carrying out secretariat functions for a number of meetings and Boards led by the team, helping to ensure the key policy questions are addressed by these at the most opportune time.
- Ensuring the team’s public briefing materials are kept up to date and ready for urgent deployment, including the Core Ministerial Brief.
- Co-ordinating the team’s response to correspondence including from Parliamentary committees.
- Build effective relationships as required across DExEU, particularly with teams working on future relationship policy.
- Some business support activities for the Team’s Deputy Director.
Experience of working to tight deadlines and effectively prioritising workloads in a fast paced environment will be helpful.
We are a flexible and Disability Confident employer