Home-based Administrative Assistant
Our flexible working environment
The successful candidate will work flexible hours from home, hours equal 1 day a week on a year’s contract initially. You will also arrange and attend 3 afternoon meetings in Central London to take minutes as well overseeing our annual one day conference in October - this year at Central Hall Westminster.
Where we are based
The ASGS is a member-led network representing and promoting the interests of the 210 state-funded single-gender girls’ schools in England. Our Committee Members are from all over London and are Headteachers so communicate primarily by conference call and emails outside of the Committee Meetings.
A little bit more about us
Our schools are excitingly diverse and are found in all areas of the country: some are inner-city, some rural, some are selective, most comprehensive, some represent a particular faith group, and others are fiercely non-denominational.
Often our schools have a proud pioneering history in promoting gender equality and have played a key role in transforming opportunities for women over the 20th and 21st centuries. Most importantly, they all have a modern outlook and tireless commitment to supporting their students in taking up their full place in the world as leaders, movers and shakers.
What we offer
- Flexibility to work hours that suit you and the organisation
- A great group of Headteachers who really want to inspire and encourage their students by providing opportunities to stretch and challenge them through student led conferences and speakers who will empower them in their life journey.
To provide administrative support for the Presidents and Committee members of the Association of State Girls’ Schools
What you’ll be doing
- Organising the Annual Conference in liaison with the Committee;
- Assisting the Communications & Research Director with input, content, maintenance and upkeep of the website and production of the ASGS newsletter;
- Maintaining links with identified key charities and organisations working with ASGS;
- Communicating with member schools as and when required including overseeing the income of membership subscriptions;
- Reviewing and updating the database regularly;
- Assisting the Communications & Research Director with publicity;
- Clerking meetings;
- Preparing and distributing agendas, papers and documents for meetings including the AGM;
- Booking conference and meeting facilities;
- Ensuring signatories on the bank account are up to date and relevant;
- Managing the bank account on behalf of the Trust including pay invoices (ensuring correct number of signatories);
- Managing the budget and providing financial reports to the Committee;
- Answering queries redirected from the school info email address;
- Collating and advertising student conferences/ job opportunities via the website and email, to member schools
A little bit about you
You will have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for excellence
- Ability to deliver consistent high quality documentation
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Publisher and Power Point
- Ability to plan effectively to enable multi-tasking
- Ability to successfully work in a team with fantastic communication skills
- Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the Association
- Organisation and efficiency
- A sense of humour
Please submit your CV, together with a letter of application, to Elizabeth Kitcatt, Joint President by Friday 31st May 2019. Interviews will be held Friday 7th June. To find out why we are so proud of the ASGS, visit our website: http://www.asgs.org.uk or check us out on Twitter.