Growth & Assurance Apprentice
Aster prides itself on its purpose and culture. We believe that work isn’t somewhere you go; it’s something you want to do. Aster is a progressive forward-thinking organisation pushing the boundaries.
The Growth and Assurance directorate (GAD) comprises of seven small teams providing core functions which ensure our business is well-run and informed:
- Business Market Intelligence – Providing insight and evidence through business, sector, market and political analysis; providing assurance through a performance management framework that is linked to strategy, opportunities and risks.
- Procurement – Co-ordinating tenders for services to ensure value for money and ensuring Aster is compliant with contract law.
- Governance – Supporting the Boards and directing and controlling the business to ensure we operate safely and legally.
- Risk and Compliance – Supporting the identification and response to threats, opportunities, and legal obligations and providing a framework for information governance and the protection of personal data.
- Audit – Providing independent, objective assurance by reviewing our procedures and operations.
- PFI - Delivering the Wiltshire Housing PFI Contract on behalf of Wiltshire Council.
- Business Support Team – Providing administrative support to GAD and the wider business.
About the role
We are delighted to offer an 18-month apprenticeship opportunity to support the Growth and Assurance teams whilst working towards a Level 3 NVQ in Business Administration.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to learn about the Housing sector, and the key functions which support a successful business, whilst gaining some invaluable experiences and skills working across the teams.
You’ll be offered further development opportunities, including the support of our People and Organisational Development team, and our fast-growing apprentice network.
You’ll be an effective communicator and keen to work collaboratively with colleagues of all levels across Aster.
You’ll possess solid IT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office programmes.
Aster trusts and empowers its colleagues and you will be expected to be able to prioritise and manage your workload effectively.
Whilst we work flexibly, there will be a need to sometimes meet with colleagues from different offices, so you will need to hold a full current Driving Licence and be willing to travel to Aster’s offices across the regions.