Now is a really exciting time to join us. At Aster, we're working towards a future where everyone has a home. Our purpose is to be an ethical housing developer and a landlord which will benefit society. We believe that work isn’t somewhere you go, it’s something you do. No two days are the same here, and agile working is the norm rather than the exception.
We're looking for a fantastic Project Manager to join our wonderful team helping to ensure our large programme of new homes are delivered on time and to our standards on quality. Ready to get up to speed quickly, you'll mostly be working across the western part of our development operating area in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. You’ll manage and deliver a number of development projects from start to finish, working together both internally and externally to help the Group achieve its goals.
What you'll be doing
- Your role will be focused mainly on – Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire our Western area with possible work in other geographical areas.
- You'll work on a range of key projects to practical completion, controlling budgets and handling external contractors.
- You’ll lead the project team on schemes, making sure that homes are delivered to a high quality and to programme.
- You'll deliver projects in line with our policies, procedures and standards.
- Understanding cost limits and timescales, you’ll make sure that you’ve secured all relevant approvals from the Board or Investment Panel.
- You'll have experience of the development process and knowledge of the construction side of development.
- You're financially astute and business minded, positive and dedicated to your work.
- You will be able to use your strong communication and negotiation skills to work successfully in project teams and with housebuilders to deliver quality homes
- You’ll actively look for, assess and develop opportunities on your own.
- You’ll be a confident presenter with keen negotiation skills, and you recognise the importance of customer service.
About Aster Group
Aster Group provides safety and security through our reliable landlord and independent living services and we supply a wide range of housing options in response to the housing crisis.
We own and manage over 30,000 homes, serving more than 90,000 customers in 40 local authority areas. We employ around 1,300 colleagues based in office locations across our operating regions.
We delivered nearly 1,000 new homes in 2017/18, with revenue from outright sales of £20m, shared ownership first tranche sales of £36m, generating an expected profit before tax of £50m.
We are investing in the future of our business with substantial resources set aside to improve our employee experience and to achieve our digital transformation ambitions. Through the Aster Foundation we are committed to giving something back to our local communities.
Ready to apply?
Do you have a 'Can do' attitude? Are you flexible and able to anticipate the needs of our business? If you think you fit the bill and you’re ready for a new challenge we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please upload your C.V (no more than 3 pages) as one document