Head of Campaigns
Head of Campaigns
This is an exciting, stimulating and rewarding opportunity to lead, drive and coordinate EU Exit campaigns through DExEU teams and across Whitehall. We are recruiting a Head of Campaigns to:
- Be responsible for identifying EU Exit issues that need to be communicated and bringing together project teams and resources to develop and deliver communications and engagement campaigns on those topics.
- Horizon scan for longer term campaign/engagement requirements, and bring together virtual cross-Whitehall teams to develop and deliver them.
- Connect EU Exit campaigns to align comms activity to support overarching EU Exit objectives
- Drive the end-to-end delivery of campaigns including commissioning of insight & content; setting objectives, scoping budget and managing relationships with external agencies.
- Shape innovative strategic approaches to communications through a 9 person-strong Campaigns Team, including targeted marketing products, scripts and narratives.
- Support the Deputy Director, Strategic Communications, as well as Head of Planning, Head of Insight and Evaluation, Head of Internal Communications in leading the whole team to drive and shape communications outcomes.
- Develop resilience across the team by setting exemplary standards in learning and development and contributing to the department’s wellbeing offer.
- Line manage three Grade 7 / Band A Strategic Communications Leads.
- Have demonstrable experience researching, devising and delivering impactful campaigns that deliver organisational objectives
- Have a track record of spotting issues and opportunities and developing communication strategies that make best use of them
- Able to analyse data and turn that into actionable insight to drive campaigns
- Able to work well under pressure, delivering to often tight deadlines
- A strong leader who is able to turn complex ideas into clear, actionable tasks.
- A clear grasp of UK-EU relations and a strong understanding of EU Exit
- An excellent line manager with excellent interpersonal skills
- Adept, flexible and calm under pressure
- Collaborative and team-spirited
We are a flexible and disability confident employer
EU Nationals may apply. Candidates will need to be security cleared to SC level.