Return to work in Audit & Assurance
Manager, FTSE Group, Audit & Assurance, London
Our Corporate FTSE group is focused on UK businesses registered on the London Stock Exchange and includes the most recognised and highest profile clients in the UK. It brings together both our largest and most influential clients and our most ambitious and high growth listed clients. The nature of our work ensures a deep understanding of these clients and enables you to broaden your relationships with the client far beyond the main finance team, allowing you to deliver true value-added insights to clients.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our Corporate Audit & Assurance business has undergone an exciting transformation in which we are able to target the audit and assurance market through our three business streams; FTSE, International and Private Markets. These operate as three very different businesses providing the highest quality, client specific audit and assurance services to our clients. Due to a number of significant wins across our FTSE business, we are looking to attract a number of audit & assurance professionals to join this group.
As a Manager within the Audit & Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Audit & Assurance planning and delivery to the client
- Day to day management of field teams, including reviewing work of staff members
- Liaison with key client staff providing timely reporting and management information
- Management of reporting requirements, including attendance at meetings
- Leading audit and assurance teams on challenging engagements, including transaction and project work
- Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Involvement in tendering for new clients
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with frequent domestic travel for client-based projects
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time or part-time basis
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll do our best to accommodate this.
Your professional experience
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK GAAP reporting standards
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
- Experience of auditing listed clients
- Highly motivated and committed
- Positive and ambitious attitude
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Project management capabilities
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.