Part-time Payroll Assistant
Our flexible working environment
This role is working 17.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, but we can be flexible on start and finish times within our office hours. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this.
Where we are based
This role is based at our Head Office in Westminster, within easy reach of a number of underground stations and bus routes.
A little bit more about us
Look Ahead Care and Support is a specialist regulated housing association and provider of tailor-made care, support and accommodation services to people with a wide range of needs, including mental health, learning disabilities, homelessness and complex needs, care leavers and young people.
What we offer
- £11,750 per annum
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts
The Payroll Assistant is responsible for assisting the Finance and HR teams to deliver an effective and efficient payroll service to Look Ahead Care and Support which meets the organisation's changing business requirements. They will act as a contact point between the organisation and the outsourced payroll provider, MHR, ensuring that the monthly payroll is completed accurately and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Assist the Financial Accountant to deliver a comprehensive financial control system in respect of payroll and pensions that ensures the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the organisations financial systems, processes and procedures at a level appropriate to the financial risk
- Managing the relationship with the outsourced payroll provider, MHR
- Use Microsoft Excel to collate overtime claims for all services, ensuring overtime forms prepared by service managers are correctly completed and have been appropriately authorised
- Prepare Excel upload files for overtime and other monthly adjustments for submission to the outsourced payroll provider. Liaise with the payroll provider regarding any exceptions or errors on the upload files and make adjustments as necessary
- Set up and make adjustments to employee pension deductions using the iTrent payroll system. Collate and process auto enrolment opt out requests
- Use the Childcare Vouchers online portal to make amendments to the monthly invoice as required. Adjust employee deductions for Childcare Vouchers in the payroll system
- Manually adjust payslips in iTrent as required following payroll checking carried out by the Financial Accountant
- Collate payroll related paperwork (such as information requests, court order deduction notices etc.) received at Head Office and respond as required or prepare for onward submission to the outsourced payroll provider
- Respond to queries from employees in a timely manner
- Prepare and send pension auto enrolment notices to employees
- Work flexibly and co-operatively as part of the wider Finance and HR Teams
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Is assertive and will challenge others
- Has a practical and logical mind, is naturally well organised and enjoys investigation and problem solving
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Demonstrates significant confidence and high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about his/her career and job experiences
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working within a payroll function
- Proven experience of working with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Level IT competency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of using iTrent payroll software
- Customer service experience
The closing date for this role is Sunday 2nd June 2019.
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.