Flexible Working Environment
Wherever possible we try and offer our team the flexibility to work around the constraints of modern life so that our team are happy and fulfilled within their roles. All of our systems are cloud based to enable remote and collaborative (and paperless!) working.
Initially the job will be 3 days per week but has scope to grow to a full time position depending on the candidate.
The role is based in the lovely Hertfordshire village of Harpenden which is easily accessible by car (10 minutes from J9 of the M1) and train on the fast Thameslink service into St Pancras (28 minutes). Our office is on the Rothamsted Research estate.
Electric Blue Ltd was incorporated in 2015 with a philosophy of “doing something good, profitably”
We are a full-service Electric Vehicle Charging company building a network of 500 Rapid EV Chargers around the UK, powered by renewable energy to help the UK to get Zero Emissions.
What we offer
- The role initially be a part time role, 3 days per week, based in our office in Harpenden.
- Gross salary is £35-45k p.a. (pro-rated).
- Pension is provided in line with Government recommendations.
EB is now looking for a ‘hands-on’ Finance Director, reporting to the MD, to help us grow our network in this fast-moving and exciting market. We hope to find a candidate who shares our passion and vision in helping the UK move to zero emissions.
Responsibilities will include internal and external regulatory financial reporting, creating the financial control framework for EB. The business runs on Xero and the candidate would be expected to run our accounting and VAT reporting through it. Ideally we are looking for the role to take on the challenge of identifying where EB is eligble for R&D tax credits.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skill sets:
- Qualified Accountant – with experience of working in a highly commercial environment.
- Commercial Skills – the role will be a key member of the small but talented team driving the company forward. We have a reputation for innovative thinking and so supporting the development of new commercial models is something that you should enjoy.
- Leadership skills – the successful individual will be self-directed and confident to bring their own unique opinions to the team. As we grow we are looking for continuous improvement and so we are looking for people who want to have an impact.
- Analytical skills –our business is data-based and we utilize technology wherever possible.
- Team collaboration – the role will be a key member of the Senior Management Team and Electric Blue is very much a collaborative environment.
- Communication skills – effective written and verbal communication is important in this role as it is both internal and external facing.
- Self-starter - this is a small dynamic team, working in a fast-paced industry. We provide plenty of freedom to create, which means that the successful candidate must be outcome oriented and motivated to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Confident in using standard Microsoft programmes (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and ideally with experience of Google Drive (yes we are one of those cloud based companies!).
- Driven to be a key part of creating a business that does good profitably.