Assistant Property Manager (home based)
Terms & Hours:
Permanent, Full-time position, PAYE, 30 hours per week,
4 days a week
Occasional weekend on call cover required
Annual Salary £17,600
Travel time paid. Travel costs paid at 45p/mile for scooters/cars.
28 days FTE pro rata annual holiday paid including bank holidays.
Home Based, and on location at our residential properties in Bradley Stoke, Filton, Horfield and central Bristol.
You will be assisting the current Property Manager with daily tasks, ensuring that our property portfolio is maintained to a high standard. You will be responsible for organising maintenance emergencies and repairs and ensuring all issues are dealt with promptly. Your working hours will be flexible, however you will be expected to act as an emergency out of hours contact for tenants. Occasional weekend on call cover is expected but this is treated as additional paid hours. Transport is essential.
Experience / Skills:
The role requires excellent organisational skills; a natural practical focus; good time management skills; high standards; good customer service skills; the ability to liaise with people of all ages and backgrounds; be engaging and enjoy problem solving; have flexibility with your time and your job role as you may be expected to help other members of staff; and be versatile. Good IT skills are required. Previous Property Management and lettings experience is preferred but not essential.
- You will be required to work 30 hours a week, 4 days a week, but what hours you work are somewhat flexible.
- Although the work will largely be at predictable times, you will also need to be available at ad hoc times, including evenings and weekends.
- You will be required to cover other members of staff on an ad hoc basis for holiday cover, which will mean some work on other days of the week may occasionally be required.
- Transport is a must. A Car is preferred as you may be asked to transport items to and from our houses, but a scooter would also be sufficient.
Purpose of Job:
The purpose of your role is to assist the current Property Manager in providing a high standard of accommodation and a friendly, welcoming customer service to all of our current tenants and prospective customers. The purpose of this position as a Property Assistant is to help to reduce current Property Manager’s work load to enable them to undertake other tasks. You will be able and willing to accept customer service based jobs, keep on top of legal documentation and under-take practical tasks as well as monitoring and maintaining current systems. You will need to ensure that all our houses are kept to a high standard and that all tenant requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Attributes required for Job:
You will be required to be highly organised and reliable, able to manage your own time efficiently. You will need to be able to deal with high pressure situations and be able to prioritise your daily work load. We require someone who is sensitive towards tenants, solutions-focussed, co-operative, friendly, thoughtful, practical and committed. You also need to be able to work alone on most occasions but communicate well within our team of other staff members.
Detailed Job description:
- Managing the practical side of running 25+ houses for professional sharers
- Organise repairs, co-ordinate handymen, liaise with tenants about repairs
- Take calls from tenants regarding repairs and maintenance and keep them updated with progress
- Manage and report on ongoing repairs and furnishings budget
- Manage utilities contracts (Gas, Electrics, council etc)
- Manage legal documentation including certification and licences.
- Assist with administration of the company where appropriate
- On a day to day basis, take responsibility for managing your own time, your own schedule and prioritise tasks appropriately with consideration for others
- With others in the company, refine, streamline systems and procedures so as to make the company as a while more efficient, responsive and effective.
- Be ready to step in to resolve problems as they arise, whether or not strictly within the remit of the job.
- Your line manager would be Ami Fowler.
About Freeman Residential Ltd:
We are a small, friendly, local company operating largely in north Bristol and South Gloucestershire areas. We specialise in the direct management of shared professional houses (we are not a letting agent). We provide high quality accommodation in (currently) around 25 shared houses, which are modern (or modernised), fully refurnished, furnished and available on a long or short term basis as semi-serviced accommodation for professional sharers. The company current consists of a team of lettings staff, property manager, director, handymen, cleaners, house managers, book-keeper, designer and a range of on call specialist engineers.
Please email us a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to explain why you think you would be suitable for the position.