This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as part of a dedicated and professional team, whilst also balancing life and commitments outside work. As a part-time fund accountant in Langham Hall’s London office, working the first half of every quarter, the individual will be responsible for supporting teams of accountants providing accounting and administrative services to a portfolio of private equity real estate clients.
This is a position best suited to an accountant with good experience in preparation of annual accounts and understanding transactions. In addition a good knowledge of consolidations and group accounts will be necessary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Oversee preparation of management accounts both at asset and fund level, including supporting files and review of all work produced by team.
- Cashflow forecasting and treasury work.
- Contribute recommendations for improving the organisation’s operations.
- Preparation of consolidations.
- Bank debt covenant reporting.
- Production of quarterly NAVs.
- Investor tax, CIS and VAT reporting.
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS or UK GAAP.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Required Technical Knowledge / Skills
- Strong technical accounting skills, ideally gained within real estate funds or an asset management environment.
- A full understanding of UK GAAP or IFRS and other relevant accounting standards, and related preparation of statutory financial statements and auditor liaison.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Some experience of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and proactive approach and professional attitude to work.
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills.
Desired Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience in supervising or coaching staff.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of Sun Systems.
The candidate will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA newly qualified – 1 year PQE.
24 days holiday, discretionary bonus scheme, healthcare and pension after qualifying period.