Coach Development Administrator to
COACH DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR
Responsible to: CPD & Learning Manager
Location National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, Roehampton, London SW15 5JQ
Salary c£22,000 per annum, dependent on experience
About the role
The LTA’s vision is “Tennis Opened Up” and its mission is to make tennis Relevant, Accessible, Welcoming and Enjoyable. The Coach Development and Support Team is an active and busy team working to strategically support coach development.
This new role will provide support to Coach Accreditation and continuous professional development (CPD) projects, and administrative support to the wider Coach Development team. The role is customer facing and will require day-to-day contact with coaches who are part of our professional membership scheme; LTA Coach Accreditation.
The post holder will have excellent customer service skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a demanding set of customers. There will be opportunities to take more responsibility for projects as the role develops.
Provide administrative support for Continuous Professional Development, including the LTA Coach Forums, workshops, conferences and online learning
- Organising team logistics for our 39 Coach Forum events, including transport and accommodation
- Work with regional teams to secure dates and venues of the events across the 7 regions
- Assist with the online publication of courses on our website to allow coaches to book onto our events
- Assist with tutor and speaker requirements including accommodation booking, flights, gifts, transfers for core CPD calendars
- Assist with event preparations, feedback survey preparation and delegate registers
- Assist with the upload and maintenance of our online course portfolio to the LTA Course Search Tool and Learning Management System
- Provide administrative support for national mentoring scheme and associated projects
- Administer the ad-hoc CPD approval process
- Assist with the external CPD approval process, including: collating applications; preparing agendas for CPD commission meetings; and publishing courses online through the LTA Course Provider tool.
Provide administrative support for LTA Coach Accreditation, our professional membership scheme for coaches.
- Act as the point of contact with the British Tennis Services Team to assist them with day-to-day queries from our c5,000 member coaches
- Respond to all CPD queries related to scheme pre-requisites, including: First Aid; Safeguarding; and manual allocation of CPD credit exceptions
- Liaise with the Technology team to resolve technical issues that arise whilst coaches apply and renew their membership to the scheme
- Manually administer and process late renewals and respond to queries from coaches related to renewing their membership
- Produce monthly reports on Accreditation Scheme growth and decline both nationally and regionally across each level of qualification
- Assist in the delivery of the Accreditation Scheme benefits, including the fulfilment of major event tickets and Wimbledon accreditations.
Day-to-day support of the Coach Development Team
- Deal with and direct requests for information and support from other LTA teams
- Update website copy and ensure Coaching jobs pages is kept up-to-date
- Co-ordinate team weekly meetings and collate agenda
- Provide admin support for Head of Coach Development & Support
- Proven and demonstrable administrative experience in a similar role - Essential
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Office - Outlook/ Word / Excel / PowerPoint) - Essential
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service and deal successfully with challenging enquiries - Essential
- Experience with CRM or CMS systems for website maintenance and updating - Desirable
- Tennis or coaching experience a big bonus - Desirable
- Experience with data management and analysis using Excel - Desirable
Knowledge, Training & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent - Desirable
- Coach Qualification or Sports Qualification - Desirable
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- A can-do attitude with strong diplomacy skills
- Calm nature under pressure to maintain professional customer service
- Clear understanding of confidentiality and sensitive data management
- A desire to deliver world class customer service and satisfaction
- Energetic and proactive approach to problem solving
- A desire to work in sport and the tennis coaching industry
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining exceptional attention to detail and organisation
- Prioritisation and time-management skills to ensure delivery of work