FEBS Network – Assistant Community Manager
FEBS (The Federation of European Biochemical Societies; www.febs.org) is a charitable organization supporting research and education in molecular life sciences through its journals, fellowships, courses and other activities. The FEBS Network platform is a new initiative aiming to provide a valuable online international forum for molecular life scientists to share advice, news and insights, and connect and collaborate – with the ultimate goal of helping to advance progress in this research area.
We are seeking an Assistant Community Manager for this growing platform at an exciting and important stage in its development. Duties will include:
• Content planning with other stakeholders, recruiting contributors and managing content flow
• Checking and engaging with contributed content
• Creating content
• Supporting contributors, ‘channel’ overseers and ‘room’ founders in platform use, and answering user queries
• Tracking and responding to platform metrics
• Laising with the platform provider over issues arising and new functionality
• Contributing to the overall success of the Network through other areas of work as required
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and interests:
• A science degree, and a keen interest in molecular life sciences and/or career, policy and related issues impacting research scientists
• Community management or social media experience (e.g. active on Twitter and LinkedIn for networking and content creation/dissemination)
• Publishing experience as an editor, journalist or marketer
• A high level of literacy with effective writing skills
• A high level of organizational skills, to juggle numerous tasks and stakeholders
• A sociable and authoritative approach to manage and motivate content contributors
Additional job details
This is a fixed-term, part-time position for 18 months at 14 hours/week (timing of hours of work are negotiable).
Salary: £26,000–32,000 pro rata, depending on qualifications and experience
Pension: FEBS contributes 15% on top of salary, pro rata
Annual leave: 24 days (in addition to English bank and public holidays), pro rata
Probation period: 3 months
Location: St Andrew’s House, Cambridge CB2 3BZ, UK
How to apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in the position to Carolyn Elliss, FEBS Communications and Projects Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants should be prepared to provide contact details for two references.
Closing date: 5th June 2019. Interviews will be held in June and may include a short writing task appropriate to the role.
All offers of employment are made subject to FEBS verifying an applicant’s right to work in the UK. In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and our duty to make reasonable adjustments, please notify us of any special arrangements required to attend an interview.
For the FEBS Recruitment Privacy Notice, click here.