Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a high-quality FTSE 100 tax team?
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Tax Assistant to be a part of Aviva's in-house Tax Team based in York. The Aviva Tax team prides itself on having an ethos of continuous improvement for reporting and compliance,; providing clear, timely, high quality tax advice and leading the industry in tax systems, processes and operations.
The Tax Assistant role is an ideal career development opportunity for a hardworking and motivated individual who has an interest in Finance and Tax and is energised by the prospect of working with a high performing team.
Previous accounting or corporation tax experience is not essential as training will be provided within the team however you will be forward thinking and passionate team player with a creative approach to problem solving.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will be working with Tax teams across the UK, and with the wider Aviva Finance function, to support tax reporting, compliance and project work for Aviva Group companies, including:
- Supporting Senior Tax Managers and Tax Managers with the preparation and submission of statutory company tax computations and tax returns to HMRC
- Aiding the preparation of company tax calculations and disclosures for internal accounting and external reporting purposes
- Assisting in the preparation of tax documentation and supporting information in a variety of formats (e.g. Word/Adobe/Excel)
- Data analysis and periodic data validation to source systems to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Regularly reviewing and updating process documentation to support with the ongoing drive to make efficient use of software tools and automation
- Ensuring the team continues to lead in tax systems and process design and operation
- Developing knowledge of taxation compliance and reporting for companies in the UK
Skills & Experience required
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong numerical ability
- Ability to work effectively as part of diverse and high performing team
- Capacity to analyse processes, problems and data and desire to seek solutions, answers and improvement
- Confident in using various software products and ability to quickly learn and develop a deeper understanding and application of software packages
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be an advantage but not essential as training can be provided
- Basic knowledge of UK Corporation tax advantageous but not essential
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £20k - £22k per annum depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights: You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Hannah Mendez in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7629.