Exceptional, proactive and driven Sales Executive wanted to join our busy, friendly team.
- To provide telesales and communications support for a small sales team, within a UK governing accreditation board. The executives’ role will have a particular focus on generation of sales leads for advertising, marketing and sponsorship across the portfolio of products (offline, online and events).
- In addition to generating leads and sales, the sales executive will provide the team with excellent administration support and internal reporting, and support in wider ad hoc projects as they arise.
- The role will help deliver the sales targets across the year, whilst looking to achieve the overall aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Principal Accountabilities:
- Co-ordinate with the Sales Manager/Head of Business Development to identify key target organisations (both current members and non) for targeted calling
- Introduce the prospective company to the organisations’ product portfolio and offer advice and suggestion on advertisement and marketing opportunities
- Utilise existing database and own proactive research to create new business leads
- Provide support and deal with day to day queries on product portfolio
- Provide administrative support to the Sales team (and wider teams where necessary)
- To maintain communications to a high standard as well as liaise with membership, marketing, training, finance, legal, editorial, events and IT teams, as appropriate
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Market Research landscape as well as the relevance of the products within the organisations’ product portfolio
- Utilise the current database, as well as research for new companies, to identify relevant and potential targets within the Market Research and Data Analytics sectors
- Communicate primarily by phone, but also email with existing and prospective companies to promote interest and generate sales leads of a number of products including:
- Advertising placements and sponsorship of the organisations’ website
- Advertising and classified advertising placements with member magazine
- Advertising roles on recruitment job board
- Sponsorship opportunities for a variety of scheduled conferences
- Sponsorship opportunities to a number of award ceremonies
- Advertising and entry of listing to online and printed industry Market Research directory
- Generate interest in companies looking to become a member organisation
- Advertising and sponsorship of ad hoc projects, should they arise
Support with day to day administration, which could include but not limited to:
- Managing collection of ad creatives from advertisers and hosting these within the ad management system, as required
- Manage recruiters/clients in regard to job descriptions and loading these to the internal recruitment job board
- Answering queries relating to potential or existing agreements and activity
- Maintaining high standard of accuracy and management of files and agreements on the computer network
- Managing and reporting activity on the central CRM and management systems
- Support with invoicing and general adhoc activities
- Be capable to running campaigns proactively but also able to work with colleagues on project campaigns as necessary
- Actively participate in identifying new sales and commercial opportunities that focus on revenue generation across the network.
- Help support and provide ongoing reporting for internal meeting and updates
- Willing to attend meetings or events on an adhoc basis if required, to network and develop addition leads (eg. social events, conferences, award ceremonies etc)
- Of graduate calibre, with relevant sales, marketing or business qualification, desirable
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a sales/telesales role within a commercial B2B environment is vital.
- The ability to prioritise and multitask a heavy workload
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated and assertive in working with others at all levels
- Experience and understanding in CRM systems would be advantageous
- Happy to make a volume of cold and warm calls to existing and prospective companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role is 6+ month contract based on 24.5 hours a week over 3.5 days (or could be done over 5, flexible hours available)