Senior MI and Data Analyst
Are you an expert Data Analyst with excellent coaching skills? If so, read on…
The MI and Data Analytics team is a newly formed unit within Aviva's Group Protection business area. Our role is to support the business with its operational MI and provide insight and understanding to colleagues, enabling them to make informed operational and strategic decisions. To supplement our amazing team, we need someone who is knowledgeable in using data analytics tools and can share their deep understanding of the subject matter with their teammates.
What will you do in this role?
- You will assist in crafting the MI and Analytics strategy & will shape the MI estate into a simpler & more robust one
- Provide consistent and accurate data & reports to all levels of stakeholders within the financial, actuarial, operational and distribution business segments
- Provide insights to help guide operational & strategic decisions in relation to distribution, markets, customer responses, operational performance, whilst keeping the wider business informed
- You can demonstrate your phenomenal mentorship capabilities in this job as you'll take on responsibility for upskilling the team; training and coaching your colleagues to interpret data and communicate it to the business in an easy to understand format
- Present complex data and reports in an engaging and straightforward way to a variety of people across several levels of seniority
What skills and experience do you need?
If the statements below resonate with you, we would love to know about it:
- Experience of developing technology-based solutions in the MI & Data Analytics field
- A proven track record in using coding/modelling/data visualisation tools such as Hive, SQL, Power BI, Python and Qlik
- Skilled in gathering and extracting numerical data and identifying trends, patterns and algorithms
- Experienced in providing mentorship or training for fellow colleagues
- Confident relationship-building and influencing capabilities
- Ability to translate business issues/challenges into practicable solutions and present them in a clear, concise and understandable way
- Preferably degree qualified in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Statistics
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £32,000 – £42,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7665 or email@example.com.