We're on the hunt for a passionate and driven UX Designer to join our team and help us deliver a world class customer experience for one of the UK’s top online communities.
You will be an integral part of a very exciting product team that is looking to grow and develop the Mumsnet product to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their UX Designer career, help develop our existing team and put UX Design at the heart of Mumsnet.
What you'll do
- Help us design and build the next generation Mumsnet product offering
- Take a human-centred approach to designing compelling interfaces (web & mobile) that are a joy to use and maintain
- Work hand in hand with Product Managers to understand desired outcomes and through design thinking techniques produce solutions that test our hypotheses and assumptions
- Discover and describe the functional needs and content that drives the right outcomes for our users
- Use data and analytics to improve our information architecture and user journeys
- Produce sketches, prototypes, wireframes, mockups (both high and low fidelity) for our teams to gain a shared understanding
- Mentor and coach our existing designers on best practice and industry trends
- Help build a design system with style guides, components, patterns etc.
What we're looking for
- Passion for building products people love to use
- Experience working in the UX Design function on a highly successful B2C website or SAAS product
- Someone who is outcome focused, can demonstrate it (a portfolio of design successes would be great) and understands the interaction between company objectives and user needs
- Someone who designs in an iterative way across both new and existing products
- Great understanding of User Research techniques, working with personas and validating designs through face to face user feedback
- Experience working with and building design systems
- Experience of using hypothesis led thinking
- A love of data and analytics (both qualitative and quantitative) to help drive evidence based design decisions and ideas
- Comfortable working at the MVP level, creating design iterations quickly to test our assumptions about value or implementation
It’d be nice if you had:
- Experience of Lean UX
- Experience working in truly collaborative collocated environments, not just in the UX team
- Experience of OKRs, Jobs to be Done and the HEART framework
- Experience of delivering UX based workshops e.g. user journey mapping
This role reports into the Head of Product and is based our offices in Kentish Town. This role is envisaged as full-time but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 19-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
The deadline for application is 30th June 2019. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!