Part-time Office Manager - offering flexible working options
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, curious and organised person to help us with the day-to-day running of our retail and leisure focussed consultancy firm. We need someone to manage our (modest) HR needs, keep on top of bookkeeping and generally keep the office running smoothly. If you’re interested in getting involved in all aspects of running a small business, working alongside a bright and energetic team and are looking for part-time work that fits into a schedule that works for you, we would love to meet you!
A little bit about us
We are a small, values driven and fast-growing consulting firm with large ambitions. We specialise in retail and leisure, working collaboratively with our clients to make their businesses remarkable. We want to be a new breed of consulting firm that focuses on doing the right thing, both for our clients and for ourselves. This means a sensible work/life balance, a focus on personal development, and wherever we can, having fun! We’re based near Lambeth Bridge in serviced offices with a great café, and 10 minutes walk to Vauxhall tube.
What will you be doing
- Marketing support – to include activities such as events planning and logistics, website admin, and thought leadership creation
- HR admin – maintaining up to date contracts and NDAs, managing onboarding of new starters, helping with recruitment, keeping track of Bright HR (our HR management platform)
- Bookkeeping – issuing client invoices, paying supplier invoices, managing expenses, reconciling payments, liaising with our external accountants
- Administration – answering the phone, ordering food and drink for the office, keeping an eye on stationery levels and making sure everyone has the equipment they need to do a great job, managing suppliers, opening post and circulating company news
- Social activities – planning team, client and associate events, organising team birthday celebrations, organising biannual team away days
- Team assistance – travel organisation, document editing and proofing, scheduling meetings
- This is a part-time role of around 20 hours support a week
- It would ideally suit someone who is looking for a flexible work opportunity and we welcome requests for flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage
What we are looking for
- Solid office experience, ideally with a basic understanding of HR and book keeping
- A self starter. Whilst direction and support will always be there, we want someone who is willing to proactively sort problems, and come up with new ideas without asking for permission first
- Ability to adapt, learn and grow quickly - you’ll need to wear many hats and get involved in many parts of company life all with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and a good dose of common sense
- An acute attention to detail - no job is too small for you, and you approach everything you do with meticulous precision and accuracy
- A “people person” - you adapt your style to build good working relationships with people at all levels and your warm, friendly and inclusive nature brings people together
- A genuine interest in Retail and Leisure will make the role more interesting and rewarding
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Some experience using Xero would be beneficial but we’re happy to bring you up to the necessary level
- Competitive salary
- Bonus (subject to individual and company performance)
- Company benefits including private healthcare, flexible working, free office snacks and drinks, day off on your birthday and generous holiday allowance
Diversity is important at Stone & River. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our clients and their needs.
We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief, as well as flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have the opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.