Desk Surveyors - work from home
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Desk Surveyors to join our regional Property Field team covering the South-West, London, East Anglia and Scotland areas.
This is a home-based role with UK travel involved. Flexible hours are also required which may include evenings and weekends.
You will be responsible for providing a customer focused and cost-effective service by handling claims from instruction to completion.
Your role will involve undertaking desk (virtual) assessment of lower/ mid complex claims; focusing on suitability for the virtual assessment category.
You will apply your extensive buildings pathology expertise to drive excellence in the validation and routing process; effectively scoping work (in line with policy cover) using a pricing schedule to define the process using the agreed criteria and technical knowledge of the industry.
What will you do in this role?
- Demonstrate effective cost management on all claims, evidenced by control of cost/indemnity within policy, principles and standards
- Virtually assess, validate and quantify all types of property claims in line with policy cover
- Update the customer to ensure they are clear who is handling the claim; effectively communicating the repudiation of claims and managing claim settlement cost
- Report and estimate insurance related repairs and other consequential losses using current claims scoping and claims tracking software
- Route assessments accordingly for part or full physical (field) assessment to in-house or specialist teams where required
- Set correct expectations and next steps with customers/brokers throughout claim cycle
- Arrange and lead specialist inspections for roof and Asbestos testing
- Assign and manage local and national network suppliers
- Actively handle cost on allocated claims by conducting investigations and negotiations with our customers
- Manage work in progress and update systems/digital hubs to lead workflow and maintain real time view for customers and business
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience of scoping, scheduling, prescribing and procurement works
- Good insurance industry knowledge related to home and commercial property
- Experience of handling property claims at notification stage and appreciation of routing rules and capability needs to meet customer demand
- Technical knowledge and experience of repair work on occupied building premises
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of planning (law and management), construction methods, design work, IT and MMC (modern methods of construction)
- Project management awareness and ability to apply this principle to day running of claims
- Ability to estimate building costs for repairs using defined schedules of rates or other building techniques
- Experience of effectively running costs on settlements, strong influencing and negotiation skills to settle the claims fairly and promptly
- Ability to advise and comment on a range of construction techniques from domestic to commercial including maintenance, refurbishment and restoration
- Dilapidation and defect analysis awareness, including the ability to diagnose and propose restorative works
- Leak detection awareness, including methods of detection, restorative works, re-routing contingencies and consequential outcomes
- BDMA accreditation (required)
- HNC/HND or similar Surveying Qualification (preferred)
- Accreditation to CII, CIOB, CILA, RICS (desirable)
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £26k to £35k depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Hannah Mendez in the Resourcing team on 01212347629.