Executive Assistant to Director and Deputy Director-2 Year Flexible Working Opportunity
DExEU Corporate Centre
The Corporate Centre sits at the heart of DExEU and provides the operational support for the rest of the Department, covering Security, IT, Estates, Corporate Strategy, Finance and HR. Our work enables and empowers DExEU to deliver its objectives by providing the best professional expertise, support and insight.
Corporate Centre Business Support Office
The Corporate Centre Office is a small and friendly team consisting of a Head of Office, Business Manager and two executive assistants who provide the senior management team and wider directorate with a high level of business support. Our team is proactive and motivated, whilst being open to adapting and learning, in order to navigate DExEU’s fast-paced and challenging environment to deliver results.
Executive Assistant to the Corporate Centre Director and Finance Deputy Director
You will have a key role in providing support to the Corporate Centre Director and the Finance Deputy Director - leading relationships with their support teams and other senior stakeholders across Whitehall and outside of Government. You will ensure that they are both suitably prepared for, and organised in carrying out day-to-day duties.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing their diaries and being responsible for organising meetings and making travel arrangements when required. Ensuring they have all papers and information for meetings in good time, commissioning information as necessary.
- Managing their inbox, including identifying anything urgent or important.
- Leading on logistics for meetings including room bookings and invitations, circulation and filing of papers/minutes and always ensuring they arrive promptly to meetings.
- Take a proactive approach when liaising with key staff/stakeholders for information on progress on tasks and applying this data to best support their decision-making.
- Working as part of the wider Corporate Centre office team ensuring that the business support for the whole directorate is first class.
- Providing support to the Business Manager and Head of Office assisting with communication to the Senior Management team and the wider directorate.
- Able to prioritise own workloads and to be able to work on one’s own initiative
- Competent at managing two diaries, with excellent organisational and administrative skills to balance competing demands
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment
- Polite, professional, customer-oriented telephone manner
- Be able to liaise confidently and capably with senior stakeholders across DExEU and Whitehall
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible, adaptable and prepared to be ‘hands on’
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office/ Google Docs
- Ability to work as part of a team and be a proactive member of the Corporate Centre
Please note that this post is reserved for British Nationals and will be subject to a minimum of Security Check (SC) clearance and the successful candidate will be required to go through the Developed Vetting process
We are a flexible disability confident Employer