We’re on the hunt for a brilliant Shooting Producer to join our video team. Reporting to the head of video, the successful candidate shall work on a variety of digital content projects and creative output, as well as practically running much of Mumsnet’s video output, which is a mix of editorial and sponsored content.
It’s a great opportunity to help shape the output of Mumsnet. We’re dedicated to making videos that will make parents’ lives easier - and you’ll have the ideas and skills to do just that.
You’ll be leading from the front: directing and shooting content, editing, creating treatments, planning shoots, working with clients and internal stakeholders. Most of all you’ll have bags of ideas, and be desperate to share them with Mumsnet’s sizeable audience.
What you'll do
- Work with internal stakeholders to create editorial and commercial content
- Manage the production from concept to delivery - mixing great ideas with practical skills
- Editing on Premiere Pro and other CC software
- Produce and direct shoots, managing crew and client on set
- Deputise for the head of video when required
- Shoot on our Canon C100 and other cameras we hire
- Critically evaluate creative & workflow process to develop in-house standards and progression
- Develop the junior members of staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with film makers and creatives to work with our team in peak periods
- Keep up to date with emerging film content trends
What we're looking for
- 4+ years experience as a producer within the digital/creative industry
- Strong camera skills - experience in lighting, shooting and running sound for 1-2 camera shoots.
- To be able to generate a constant stream of ideas for multiple different level clients
- Eye for detail in post production. ability to oversee edits and edit
- Knowledge of pre-production management, crew and filming kit
- Able to lead in house crew on set as well as manage client
- Understanding & managing of budgets from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- In depth of knowledge across digital industry
This role is envisaged as a full-time, 5-day week position based in our offices in Kentish Town, though we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with
- your CV and
- a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for, and
- a review of Mumsnet's video output - if you were in charge of Mumsnet's video output, what would you make and/or change?
Deadline for applications is 5th July 2019 but we’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so submit your application as soon as you can!
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 19-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...