Our client has a vacancy for a Conveyancing Assistant to provide effective support to the team and act as first line of escalation for Conveyancing Administrator(s) queries and guidance.
- Managing own email account
- Day to day management of sale files, escalating to the Conveyancer as and when necessary
- Assisting the Conveyancer with all purchase and other matters, escalating to the Conveyancer when necessary
- Diarising and chasing matters as necessary
- Provide professional telephone support to the team
- Preparing accounts echits for all receipts and payments
- Preparing files for exchange of contracts - for approval by the Conveyancer
- Preparing files for completion - for approval by the Conveyancer including necessary letters and accounts paperwork
- Dealing with completion of matters and preparing files for the post completion team
- Ensure all work is carried out in a professional, efficient and compliant manner
- Additionally, where Administration support is not available, some or all of the following may be required from time to time
- Incoming & Outgoing post collection/distribution where Administration support in unavailable
- Opening new matter files on business systems
- Assisting with initial administration work on matter files
- Taking customer card payments on account
- Issuing customer forms and assisting in their completion
- Applying for searches
- Using the Land Registry portal to obtain copy deeds
- Assisting with telephone answering where appropriate
- General Admin duties including post, printing, scanning and photocopying.
- Providing ad hoc support to the team when needed.
- Organised and methodical
- At least 1 years' experience in residential conveyancing work
- Strong, articulate communicator (oral and written)
- Self-motivated and Positive
- Able to cope with peak demands and changing priorities
- Enthusiasm to learn/improve skills
- Intermediate IT skills suited to an office environment
- English and Maths grades A - C
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.