Trainee Commissioning Engineer
At Centrica, we recognise the importance of bringing your whole self to work, which includes your work life balance. As a responsible business, we are committed to creating an environment where everyone can flourish, which is why we welcome a conversation about flexible working arrangements.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) brings together expertise from our UK businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Trainee Commissioning Engineer.
- Location: Salford, Manchester. With regular UK travel (the successful candidate must reside within a commutable distance from our Salford Office).
- Salary: Competitive dependent on experience + excellent benefits + bonus
The successful candidate will learn how to commission CHP (Combined Heat and Power) units and ancillary equipment from 5kWe to 2000kWe. Reporting to the Projects Leader, the role will involve the commissioning of gas fired reciprocating engine generated combined heat and power plants and associated mechanical plant through to G99 witness testing. The sites will be mainly based throughout the UK & Ireland although there may be some requirement to travel within Europe from time to time.
In addition to the core role the successful candidate will also benefit from working within our CHP test cells at our Salford HQ as and when required.
- A training plan with set goals and objectives will be assigned to monitor development
- The tailored training plan will track progress and competence
- Experience will be gained from working within the engine test cells, assisting the field commissioning engineers and one to one training on site as a minimum
- Additional external training courses will be utilised as and when required to supplement the training requirement to succeed in your duties
- We are offering a competitive rewards package for the right person along with real opportunities to develop your career in a fast expanding company
- Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship/qualification, NVQ 3-4 or above
- Electrical knowledge / training and experience would be beneficial
- Mechanical engineering / building plant systems knowledge (advantageous)
- Knowledge of Gas fuelled plant would be (advantageous)
- Organised and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Computer literate
- Able to travel and work away from home on a regular basis
- Full UK driving licence