Business Intelligence Manager
A new, exciting opportunity has arisen within our Global, Corporate & Speciality (GCS) Business Intelligence team at Aviva! We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Manager, based in our Perth office, to focus on business reporting and data innovation for our growing GCS business.
This is an opportunity to join a well-placed team within Aviva, where the focus has been on investing in technology and people. It forms part of the wider Commercial Technical Underwriting department which provides a shared Business Information service offering reporting, insight and analysis on all aspects of financial, operational and governance.
You will be supported to develop your potential through the setting of stretching objectives and a variety of tasks while giving the freedom to tackle problems. We believe that collaboration and knowledge-sharing are key to strengthening the team in our open-plan environment!
The team provides a one-stop shop for anyone passionate about growing their knowledge of Commercial Insurance, how it operates and what information it needs to operate.
How you will spend your days?
* Generate, analyse, and report performance to meet the needs of internal groups and external clients;
* Delivering high-quality reporting and insights through automation, insight and challenge to business areas;
* Designing and managing underlying data sources to allow quick and efficient data extracts to support analysis;
* Delivering data analysis that can be consumed by various levels of management to inform timely decisions;
* Participate in performance-related projects. Provide subject matter expertise and lead design of performance-related projects and growth initiatives;
* Seek opportunities for operational improvements. Assist with the investigation and implementation of process modifications;
* Build professional and facilitative relationships with colleagues and external teams;
* You will work to build an understanding of underwriting cycles and their impact on our long-term returns.
What will make you stand out?
* A degree in a quantitative subject;
* Extensive experience of SAS, SQL, Python, R, or other data languages;
* Relevant similar industry experience;
* A strong intellectual curiosity to keep pace with evolving data landscapes and technologies in emerging areas: Big Data, Hadoop, Advanced Analytics, Qlik Sense, Cloud, etc.
* Strong quantitative reasoning, problem-solving and analytical skills;
* Able to establish positive relationships with an excellent ability to influence and apply pragmatism where we often meet competing demands;
* Extreme detail orientation and dedication to meeting identified quality standards;
* Concern for quality expressed through the initiation of system and improvements in execution.
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications;
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme;
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review;
* Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days;
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family;
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You can download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that allows you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure Aviva as a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.