Here at Aviva we provide a variety of insurance products for our customers.
Unfortunately, life is full of unexpected twists and turns that may lead to our customers making a claim on their policy. When they do, we have a team of friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable Customer Service Advisers to assist them during that process to make it as simple and as stress-free as possible.
Our Claims Advisers are front-line, speaking with policy holders on a daily basis. They are our brand ambassadors, customer service experts and an integral and invaluable part of Aviva as a business.
What will your role involve?
- Answering inbound calls from policy holders – talking and listening calmly to understand their needs, able to put yourself in their shoes and relate to their situation
- Asking the customer questions to obtain relevant information that will assist you in processing their insurance claim
- Taking full ownership for your customer to get the right outcome for them on that first call, whenever possible
What skills and experience do you need?
- First and foremost, to be a people person with a passion for speaking to and engaging with customers on the phone
- Previous experience in a customer service related role
- A willingness to learn and to thrive within a large, dedicated team
- Ability to be empathetic towards our customers, understanding and supporting them through a difficult period in order to make their claim journey as easy and straightforward as possible
- Fact finding skills - the ability to ask the right questions and at the right time, so that the customer's claim is processed in the most effective way
- Attention to detail - only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim
- Knowledge of insurance products and/or financial services would be advantageous
- You must be flexible to work a variety of shift patterns
Our opening hours are Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturdays 8am - 1pm. Full time positions are 35 hours per week. Typically, you can expect a week of late shifts once every 7 weeks and a Saturday once every 6 weeks. This is continuously reviewed and you will be informed of your working hours at least 5 weeks in advance.
Full training will be provided and we will support you on your journey to learn about our customers and the Health Claims business.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £17,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If you passionately believe in putting the customer first and want to be part of a friendly, encouraging and hard-working team, then this could be the role for you.
Typically, our Claims Advisers will progress from the starting salary of £17,000 to £18,500 on reaching the standard required after training is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.